Fifth Chapter

~Gabriel P.O.V~

We sat on the mossy rocks and talked awhile longer. I couldn't believe this was that same girl from before. The stubborn, annoying, bossy, angry girl. It was like she suddenly switched into a different person. Did she have Multiple personality disorder? Or was she just Bi-Polar? I can tell you one thing for sure: I was enjoying it.

I must have mental issues.

A little voice in the back of my head decided to speak up just then.

Who are you kidding, Gabriel? You just tried to kill yourself. Of course you have mental issues! It blabbered, in a 'Duh' tone. That made me feel great. *Note the sarcasm*

I spaced back in to find that the girl was frantically waving her hands in front of my face, about ready to knock my nose off, yelling "Gabriel! Helloooooo. Come in, Gabriel. Back to earth." I jumped about ten feet into the air.

"What!" I yelled, annoyed. "I was just thinking!" 

"Uhm, Dude? You should've seen yourself. You literally looked like E.T trying to phone home. You think I'm joking. I'm dead serious, man." She huffed, probably annoyed too. Why was she annoyed?

"Did you hear anything i just told you?" She asked, gaining annoyance.

I quickly nodded, lying of course.

Her eyes clouded with suspicioun, and i knew i was doomed. "Oh yeah? Then what was i talking about?" She challenged, smirking when she saw the worry on my face.

Uhm, what do girls talk about? Malls? Clothes? Makeup? Uh...

"Well.. About how you went to that place, of course, and bought that uhm... Clothing.. and uh, makeup stuff..?" I faked a smile, hoping she wouldn't see through the lie.

But of course she did.

Where did people learn to lie? Was there some college course i could take? Some thick textbook that taught you step by step lying? I thought desperately. Well, whatever those people did, it was proffessional.

"Whatever, Gabriel." She rolled her eyes and started getting up from the rock she was sitting on. "It's getting late, and I have to go or my dad will kill me." she announced, mumbling the last part, as she looked over at the pink streaked sky. I looked over at it and agreed. She was right, the sun was starting to set and the dark of the night was starting to creep its way up the sky. I sighed.

"Sure." I answered simply, and shrugged. I didn't have much else to say anyways.

"I'll see you around?" She put it as more of a question. It was probably just me, but I could swear i saw a shred of hope glint in her eyes. She probably just felt bad for me and that's why she was being so nice. Yeah, that's it. Well, I hated when people pitied me. People would give me this stare filled with pity, sorrow and empathy when they saw me wandering the streets. It made me hate myself even more because it just reminded me that i did this to myself. You might call it babyish, immature, or even crude, but It made me hate them. Those who made me remember.

I realized that this wasn't the time to mope, so i decided to answer with a shrug. "Nah, It's okay. You don't have to do that for me. I'll live. But I should get going... I, uh, gotta go get dinner... So if you'll excuse me.." I tried to go around her, but she stuck her arm out, blocking my way.

"Oh! I almost forgot! You don't even have a home!" I cried. "I don't care what the heck you want, mister, you're coming with me." And before you could say 'Run and hide from the annoying bratty girl', I was being hauled down the path to the exit of the beach, by a small, bossy, someone.