Chapter Fourteen

They then headed off towards one of the restaurants with an International flavour, one of his choosing. "I hope you would let me shout you," Levi offered.

Learning from Shihab, she accepted. "Thank you, that would be nice," then eyed him off. "I thought the production company paid for all your meals."

He grinned at her with mischief. "I was hoping you wouldn't pick up on that," he laughed. "To be truthful, I have a motive for asking you to join me."

"You do?" Not sure, if she should be worried about this or not.

He nodded. "I'm going to pick your brains."

Andie looked at him, startled. "About what?" She asked warily.

"About your book, strangers in the Desert. I don't want to read it, because it's your point of view, however, I want to hear his story, basically the emotional side. Two sides of the story, and then see if  I can put my emotions into it. Then you can watch the finished scenes to see if we have the same idea."

"Challenging. Let's eat and see how we can do this, oh, there's Kathie. Shall we ask her to join us?"

"Not this time. I just want the focus on me. Kathie has some strong points of view, and don't want it twisted by her."

"Ah, you want the male side," she wiggled from his arm that fell away. "I just don't want people to get the wrong idea," she apologised.

"Like Shihab, perhaps?" He eyed her closely. She shrugged as it didn't matter, but it did. Far too much. "You were crazy about the man, everyone could see that." They waved at Kathie, who waved back but kept going, without looking like she wanted to join them. 

She joined another group.

Feeling better, Andie joined Levi, enjoying a full buffet meal, filling up her plate with whatever she wanted, and settled down, sharing a bottle of white wine as they discussed his character. He didn't want the story; he wanted to understand the man. She brought out her pad and pen and jotted down ideas and got a man's point of view. 

Such insight and loved it.

"Basically, men do not open up about themselves. They keep everything close to their chests." Not so Shihab that what she loved about him, he was so open with her until that woman arrived then everything hit the fan. She missed him. Levi leaned across, placing a hand over hers. "Whatever has happened, I am sure it can be sorted."

She stiffened and pulled her hand away as another couple entered. Shihab's hard glare said it all. Souring the whole night. She lowered her head and tucked hair behind her ear. "I don't think so," she said softly. 

Levi glanced behind him and waved to her horror.

"We could make him jealous," he smiled as the couple waved back.

"I don't play games Levi, and we haven't done anything wrong, just sharing a meal."

"By the looks of things my goose is cooked," he smirked.

Her eyes shoot up. "Like hell it is. I picked you because you were perfect for the part, not just in looks, but your profile. Everything screamed at me you were my hero." He turned back sharply surprised.

"Really?"

"Yes, it isn't just about looks, but how you come across the screen. You have charisma, and arrogance, yet vulnerable which was perfect for my hero. I did research all the players and you were the closest, everyone agreed. Anyway, I would think the director has the last say, not Shihab."

"If you believe that you are greatly deluded. Shihab had the final say. Miles might be the director of this film, but it is Shihab's baby. This is happening because of him. He chooses which films. He has a small collection of brilliant directors who are allowed to be part of his film company. Not Hollywood or Bollywood, yet everyone wants to be a part of his films."