Not Just A Fan - Chapter 8

“You look really beautiful today.” Harry said to me with a smile as me and my friends stepped into the limo. I sat next to him and he immediately struck up a conversation. “How was school?” He asked me.

“It was okay. I mean a lot of people asked me about the whole mystery girl thing and I had nothing to really say about it.” I looked down.

“Yeah sorry about that. I just needed to find you and you weren’t answering so I kind of used every way possible to get the word out about you. I guess it worked.” He said smiling at me. This was a bit awkward. I looked over at Katie who was talking to Niall then the other way to Brenna and Sabrina who were talking to the other boys. No way out now, so I’ll keep talking to Harry.

“I have to tell you something.” I said. I mean I had to tell him eventually. His eyes had a sense of fear. I looked away from them because I couldn’t take them looking into mine.

“Go for it.” He sounded a bit worried. He flipped his hair off his face but his attempt failed and his hair fell back onto his face. I took a deep breathe.

“I wasn’t the one messaging you on my twitter.” The words came out of my mouth so quick and he looked a little disappointed. “My sister stole my laptop and messaged you back. I’m really sorry.”

“It’s fine.” He said with a smile. “It’s as if you didn’t want to be found.” He joked, I gave an awkward half smile and a slight laugh. Wow, he nailed that one head on. “You didn’t want to be found, did you?” He sounded a bit nervous and I knew he was dreading the response because he already knew what I was going to say.

“Not exactly. I just don’t really want the attention. I’m good at being quiet and not noticed. Barely anyone in my school even knows my name and I don’t want the whole world to know who I am. And your fans. I don’t want them to stop being fans because of me, and I don’t want them sending me death threats and hate messages for being seen with you. There’s a lot to worry about on my part. It’s not that I didn’t want to be found, it was just that I was afraid of what was going to happen after you found me.” I looked down. I was getting a bit teary eyed from thinking of what could even happen in the next couple of months with all of this. He took my hand in his and I looked up into his eyes.

“Hey, none of that is going to happen. If my fans say anything, just ignore them. I promise it will be fine. I just can’t explain it, but the first time I saw you, you were the prettiest girl I had ever seen in my entire life. I knew I had to find some way to make you mine and I couldn’t get your number or twitter name before security made you leave.” He brushed my hair out of my face. “I just don’t know what I’d ever do without seeing you again. Everything about you is perfect and I can’t describe why.” He looked down now embarrassed by what he just told me.

“You know, you’ve always been my favorite in the band.” I said with a smile still holding his hand.

“Really?” He had the biggest smile on his face and his eyes were lit up.

“Yeah. The first time I saw you guys I immediately thought you were the cutest.” I laughed at how much I sounded like I was 12 again.

“Well, You are my favorite fan because the first time I saw you I couldn’t stop starring at you.” I smiled at him. I was at a loss for words so he kept talking. “You know your mother was in on this plan right?”

“I assumed so.” 

“Well, she decided to let me and the guys tell you and your friends the big news.” He was grinning like crazy.

“News? What news?.” If there’s one thing I hate it’s not knowing something.

“You guys are staying over night in the city with us. Your mom set it up with your friends moms, they all know. We have a day off tomorrow so we are going to hang out in the city.” I was shocked. He wanted to be seen in public with me? No guy ever wants to be seen in public with me.

“For real?” I couldn’t believe it.

“Yeah, after the concert we are going to the hotel and then tomorrow we are going to have a fun day in New York. You’ve been there before right?” 

“Only a few times. It’s a bit hard to get a family of 11 into the city.” It was funny when you actually think about how big my family really was. 

After about 45 more minutes we pulled up to a hotel in New York.

“This is where we’re staying?” We were at The W hotel. It’s one of the nicest hotels in New York. A girl like me would never imagine this happening.

“Yup, it’s going to be a grand time.” Liam laughed as he walked passed me.

“Come on.” Harry said as he took my hand and we walked inside the magnificent hotel.