Not Just A Fan - Chapter 17

Saying goodbye was hard. I was going to miss my friends. I mean, I know I can make new friends in California, but it just won’t be the same.

“Promise you’ll text me everyday?” Katie said hugging me. There were a lot of tears at this point in time. I didn’t want to move. Not now. Not ever. My life was just getting good where I was and everything had to change so suddenly.

“I promise.” I said to her wiping a tear from my cheek. How could I leave my 3 best friends? I just can’t even begin to imagine what will happen my first day at my new school. I was so scared already.

“It’s time to leave.” My mother said looking at me with sympathetic eyes. I turned and looked back at my empty house. I hugged Katie one more time before saying goodbye.

I walked over to one of the cabs bringing us to the airport. We were having our cars shipped to California with the majority of our other stuff. I sat down next to Mia with Jenna on the other side of Mia.

“Here we go again.” Mia said laying her head against the seat. “Another move to another state.” She closed her eyes. We all hated moving so much because we did it so often. Hopefully, though, this would be the last time we moved. You could tell all of us hated it by the time we moved to New Jersey and our parents swore it was the last move, but here we are moving again. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out.

“Good luck moving today. I’ll see you again in about a week <3” It was Harry. It brought more tears to my eyes. This was where I met him. I met him in Jersey. I can’t even believe that is part of my old life here. I texted him back.

“Thanks so much. I can’t wait to see you again.” I sent the message. I mean I can’t blame him for being excited to see me again, but I knew it won’t last long if he technically isn’t allowed to ever see me again.

“Harry still texting you?” Jenna said looking at me.

“Yup. I mean I just wish I could actually be with him.” I said joining Mia with the whole leaning far back on the seat thing.

“If it makes you feel any better he will only be about a half hour away from us.” Jenna knew this was killing me.

“I know. I just don’t know how I’m supposed to act at school when people recognize me.” I said with my eyes shut.

“Just deny who you are.” Said Mia. She leaned back up from the seat. “It would be a lot easier than explaining things.” Maybe she was right. It probably would be a lot easier than explaining things.

We got to the airport and boarded the plane. I slept most of the way there. Goodbye New Jersey. Hopefully California will bring good luck. I still wore Harry’s sweatshirt. I would never take it off, even if I had to. I can’t let him go.

We had to go to school starting the next week. I didn’t want to do that. Honestly, I didn’t ever want to go to school. I had so much stress just thinking of how people will treat me because of Harry. This could be really bad. I know people would use me, but I don’t know what to think of it.

We got off the plane and headed out of the airport to beautiful California. It wasn’t like New Jersey. Although I had moved a lot growing up, the past seven years of my life were in fact spent living in New Jersey, so yes it was weird to get up and leave after all of that. We headed into another cab and headed to our new home. Again I sat with Mia and Jenna.

“Has he texted you?” Mia asked me impatiently. I sighed and hit the power button on my phone.

“I don’t know. I didn’t turn my phone on until you said something.” The screen lit up with my background of Harry and I that we took in the hotel room. My phone rang about a million times. Most texts were from twitter but I went into my texts from Harry and had a few from him.

“Have fun in California! Hope to see you soon. Should be there in a week.” I sighed and Mia grabbed my phone.

“He’s so cute.” She smiled and handed my phone to Jenna.

“Why can’t you see him again?” Jenna asked me. I never told her the whole story. It hurt my heart to even think about it.

“It’s bad for his image.” I said.

“Did he tell you that?”

“Nope. His management told us both that.” I said looking down.

“That’s stupid. How can you tell someone they can’t date someone. Besides, don’t the other guys have girlfriends?” She knew a bit about them from what I said, she didn’t know a lot.

“Yeah but they’re famous for something on their own. They’re not just fans.” Wow, that hurt to say. I’m not just a fan! I’m so much more than a fan! How can they treat me like another one of those girls?!

We pulled up to our house. It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. It was beautiful too, and in the background you just saw acres and acres and acres of land for a beautiful vineyard. I had to send pictures of this place to my friends. I hope they can visit one day.