Not Just A Fan - Chapter 16

The car pulled up to my house and I got out. I was the last person to leave the car. I grabbed my bag out of the trunk and the driver looked at me sympathetically.

“Never stop believing.” He said. I nodded and walked in my house. I opened the door still wanting to cry. I still had Harry’s sweatshirt on. It was warm and I could still feel him in that one last hug where neither of us ever wanted to let go. I had turned my phone off in the car because the other 4 band members were tweeting about upcoming interviews, where as, Harry had not tweeted once. I couldn’t blame him though. I know he was taking this forced break up harder than me. I wasn’t exactly sure if we weren’t dating or just dating in secret, either way, we were being forced to stay away from each other.

“Back so soon.” Mia asked walking in the room. “Oh no you’ve been crying, what happened?” She could be a good little sister when she wanted to and right now she wanted to. 

I told her what happened. Everything from the second I left the school to the second I walked in the house.

“But why can’t you be together?” She asked. She didn’t get it.

“We aren’t allowed because it looks bad to his fans.” I said. I was crying now.

“Did you look in your makeup bag? He told you to, so did you?”

No. Not yet. I just walked in the house when I had to tell you what happened.” We were just sitting in the foyer by the front door. We had no where better to discuss this.

“Check it then, he probably put something in there.” Mia pulled my bag over and opened it. She shuffled through it till she pulled out my pink vera bradley bag and handed it to me.

I opened the bag slowly. I don’t know what I was hoping to be in there but all I saw, besides makeup, was an envelope. I opened it even though it wasn’t exactly sealed. I pulled out a couple of pieces of paper. I unfolded them. The first one was a ticket to England over winter break the second was a note. I heard Harry’s voice as I read it in my head.

“I was afraid to give this to you because I didn’t know what to say. I want you to meet my mum. I stuck this in here when you were with your friends.”

“What is it?” Mia pushed herself closer to me to see it.

“A ticket to England.” I said looking at her.

“Oh my gosh he wants you to go to England?” She yelled.

“Shhh. And look it’s even out of California because I told him we were moving in a month.” I smiled.

“Wow he’s perfect, isn’t he?” Yeah I smiled at what my sister just said. We had to make this work. We didn’t have a choice anymore.

The next couple of days were brutal. School was boring and life at home was the same. Yeah, we texted everyday but with his schedule we were lucky to get three texts back and forth in two hours. I hated it. I wish I could have been with him right then and there but I couldn’t. My mom and dad had us packing every night to get ready to move. We were leaving in two week. When I told Harry that he seemed a  bit excited. I don’t know why. He claimed he’d be there in less than a month and I would be able to see him again. I don’t know how he expects that to work though, he’s not allowed to see me.

I had worn his sweatshirt every day since I left the hotel in New York. A lot of girls questioned why I had his sweatshirt and what was going on between us. I was pretty good at acting like nothing was up until one day in gym class.

You see, my teacher likes to play music while we have gym class. She put on One Direction one day, I don’t know why she even listens to them in all serious matters. I tried to block it out, but it was hard. A couple of the girls were dancing and singing to it, starring at me knowing every word killed me.

“Julia, don’t you like this song?” One of the girls asked mocking me.

“Yeah.” I choked out. I liked the song but come on, it’s difficult to listen to when your boyfriend who is singing the song isn’t allowed to see you.

“Oh my gosh. I just love Harry.” The other girl yelled glancing over at me. They made this so hard. I wanted to punch her. They were watching me suffer. I couldn’t take it. The song ended and they looked at me.

“So how’s your boyfriend?” The one girl mocked. I ignored her and thankfully our class was dismissed. I feel like the kids at school thought it was funny to make me feel like crap about this. I guess people could notice we weren’t supposed to be seen together. This sucks.