chapter8: The Hunt

Their first mission was just six blocks from the Alamo in an old warehouse, Theo had noticed a few vamps going in the warehouse from an ATM camera across the street

"is it always this freaking hot in here?"

"haha yeah, it gets hotter actually, just wit until august, you wont want to leave your house"

" great! bet it gets good for the job thought"

"it's pretty much the only upside of this place, that and the rivers are pretty god around the area"

"we dont have much time off in Ireland to go have fun,  the hunters are still few and the clouds and rain dont help much"

they walked two more blocks in silence looking arround and staying alert until they reached the warehouse

"so how do you want to do this?"

"most warehouses arround this area have darkened glass windows in the roofs, i say we go in from above, the sun should take some of them out"

Liam's face lit up with the biggest grin . Val responded with a devilish smile

" i take you have ropes in that handy backpack"

"of course"

"i think i already like working with you"

"come on, lets get to that roof"

they got to the top of the building in less than five minutes. Liam couldnt help but admire Val's physical abilities, the only hunter he had worked with in Ireland were males and none that agile

they attached the ropes to the window frames and kicked the windows in . sudden sunlight inundated the warehouse and painful screams came throught the roof, smoke started to come out of their bodies and five vampires dropped to ashes. Val and Liam noticed two vampires run and hide behind some crates, they repelled down and went after them, stakes on hand they cornered the vamps and after a fast fight the vampires were dust.

"where to next?"

"well arent you happy"

hahaha "sorry is just that that was pretty fun. i though that you were going to be one of those serious boring hunters"

"im old not boring, thats the one thing i've learned through the years to have fun with everything i do, you never know when you might get murdered. but anyways we are off to my place to get my car, the next location is about 15 miles from here"

Val's place was just three blocks away. they entered what looked like an old red brick building, some sort of factory, it was big, 2 stories and the entire bottom floor was a garage.

" nice place"

"thanks it used to be a clothing factory"

"wow! is that yours?"

"yep. 69 charger"

she loved muscle cars and the charger had been her favorite ride ever since she bought it in 1970

"nice bike, i got a ninja too, maybe next hunt we should just ride"

"tell you what after we are done with this stupid rising we can go for a victory ride"

"sounds good to me"

he couldnt help looking at her, val was the most gorgeous and impressing woman he had met in centuries, he had to fight every second with his emotions trying to convince himself that all they could ever be was friends, "love only gets you killed" he told himself