Chapter 13- Put it in the past?

We were packing up the Dragamir's home, while Andre and Sydney were at the court house for Jesse's trial. They had decided to make it fast, which was good for us. We wanted to wrap something up before we left. We had buried Eric and Rhea two weeks ago, surprising Lissa had held it together since.

No one had heard from Adrian or Natalie since the funeral, and Jesse had come out and said he was alone that night the bar corroborated his story as well. It didn't make any sense to me. But the small town was more than happy to just put Jesse in jail alone for it instead of investigating it any further. We couldn't do anything about it either. We were going back to Russia the day after tomorrow so there wasn't time. Dimitri had gone back five days ago. His boss needed him back, I was sad to see him go.

" Your missing him again aren't you?"

I hadn't even realized Lissa and Mia had sat down on either side of me. I was so lost in all my thoughts. I did miss him a lot though. I'd gotten used to him sleeping next to me. And my parents hadn't even fought me on it. They loved him, all my family and friends did. Mason and Eddie had sat him down and had a nice talk, they walked away saying he was a good man and they approved.

" Yeah I miss him."

As I said this my phone went off with a text. I looked to see it was a text from Dimitri.

D: hey babe any word yet?

R: No not yet!

D: I'm sorry. What are you doing?

R: Boxing the last bit of stuff up! You?

D: Getting ready to go to lay down. I just wanted to tell you how much I missed you.

R: I miss you too comrade. I can't wait to be back in your arms.

D: Me too Milaya, me too.

I knew I had a dreamy look on my face, but I didn't care. I'm pretty sure I was head over heels in love with him. I just didn't know when the right time was to tell him. I didn't want to scare him off.

" She's been talking to Dimitri again hasn't she?"

I threw Christian one of my famous glares which had him backing up hands held out in a calming gesture. I smirked, then turned to Mia.

" So tell me about your new job."

She was in her last year at school- to become a teacher- her family wasn't poor but they'd almost spent their entire savings to put her through school so she worked to try to help. But the girl hated to stay in one place too long. She would get bored easily and quit whatever place she was at, only to find another job the same day. I don't know how she did it in this town.

" Well I started at that club we used to go to all the time. You're looking at their new bartender."

She seemed excited so we congratulated her. She would definitely know everyone's business working there.

We finished packing the last box around lunch time. Christian and Lissa went to get a movers truck to pack up the stuff they were taking from here and Christians apartment. Andre was going to keep the house, but it would be another two years before he could move back. So we had done all the stuff to keep the furniture clean and all that fun stuff.

The door bell rung, so dad went to get it thinking it was the pizza we had ordered. It was the pizza, but the pizza had company. I jumped up like a little kid on Christmas.

" Celeste!"

I squealed causing most everyone to flinch. I laughed at that.

" Hey Rose I wanted to see you before you left. And to tell you I was proud of you."