Chapter 4- new home and family

We got up at 5 a.m. my fathers plane was scheduled to leave the small air strip at 8:30 a.m. Yes you heard me right my father has his own plane. He loved it too. I got in the shower and washed my hair, body, and shaved. I don't know why, I guess I just wanted to wash this chapter of my life away. Getting out of the shower I did feel better.

I bushed my hair out it would be dry by the time we left, and I had already packed my hair dryer up. I got the rest of my stuff together, finished packing it up, and went downstairs. Rhea had made a huge breakfast, we all sat down at the table and by the time we were done eating Christian was here. Rhea was going to go with us and drive Christian's car back here till him and Lissa came back.

Christian went and got mine, moms, and Lissa's stuff from upstairs and put it into his car. Eric came out of his study to tell us goodbye, giving his daughter and I equally large hugs. He made me promise I would come back and visit them because they thought of me as another one of their daughters . I was going to miss them a lot, they were family to me.

Lissa and Christian got into his car with all the luggage. Rhea got in the car with me and mom. It was 7:20, it only took about twenty minutes to drive to the little air strip that was in this town. I looked out the window at all the places that I had made my memories in the past several years. I would miss this town. I would even miss my crappy job, but most of all I would miss my family and friends here.

We arrived at the air strip and my father's people were waiting to help us with our luggage. I had just gotten out of the car when I heard a loud squeal. I turned to see Mia running towards me with Aunt Bertie, Eddie, and Mason trailing behind. She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed a little tightly for her small frame.

" Rose you have to call me everyday. Do you hear me every single day."

I nodded and smiled at her. I loved Lissa she was my best friend but Mia was always the one doing all the crazy shit with me. I would truly miss her. I hugged her to me again, both of us with tears in our eyes. I hugged Aunt Bertie next, and then Eddie and Mason had me sandwiched in-between them. I was a mess by the time we were done.

Mom told Aunt Bertie that her and dad would send the plane to bring everyone over for Christmas. I was excited about that. I hugged Rhea one more time, and then they were all leaving and we were waiting for the go ahead to board. I felt my phone vibrate, I'd thought I turned it off but I guess not. I dug it out of my purse and saw it was a text from Adrian.

' you really think you can run from me? Mommy and Daddy can't protect you. You can bet on that'

I was shaking when I finished reading it. My mom, Lissa, and Christian were all trying to talk to me, but it was like I was under water and they were muffled. The phone was taken out of my hand and I looked up to see Christian reading the text with a disgusted look on his face. He handed it to my mom and Lissa. Mom walked over to me taking the battery out and dropping the phone in a trash can.

" We will get you a new one when we get home, with a new number. Baby I told you he won't lay a hand on you ever again."

A woman came out and gave us the okay to board. We all sat in our seats, Lissa was already making plans for when we got settled and the text was forgotten.

I hadn't realized the flight was going to take this long. It didn't seem like that great a distance but it was. So when the pilot said we would be landing soon and needed to put our seatbelts on I was like a child on Christmas. I was literally going stir crazy. We stepped off the plane and I saw my father and Uncle Pavel standing there. I hadn't seen my Uncle Pavel in about ten years. Whenever mom and dad would come to visit he would stay behind and take care of business.