Epilogue

8 years later

A ring of doorbell sounds through the house, followed by knocking. Damien lifts his head and glares up at the ceiling. "I'm going to kill your brother."

I chuckle. "You invited him," I remind him, pushing him off me and putting a shirt over my bare chest.

Damien lies down on his bed and puts his forearm over his eyes, sighing. "Can we tell them to go home? Or, better yet, let's pretend we're not home."

I pat Damien's stomach. "Nope. Up you go, boy."

"The one time I get you in the mood and we're interrupted," Damien says begrudgingly.

"You planted a child in me, mister," I tell him, standing up from the bed and make myself look presentable.

I go open the door and Rory instantly attacks me with a bear hug, sending us both backwards, almost making me fall back. "Whoa, someone is really excited to see me."

"Shit yes, I miss some woman company."

"Because my company is just not enough anymore," Braden says, grumpy.

Rory rolls her eyes in response, making herself at home. "You're a man, that's the problem."

"Where's your husband? I need some male company, too," Braden says.

I shrug. "He's sulking somewhere in the house."

"I am certainly not sulking," Damien comes to the living room, wearing a scowl.

"You're still torturing the poor man, sister?" Braden asks mockingly.

"You know how it ..." Damien trails off, sighing. "I'll go get a beer."

"And I'll go get something to eat."

"Please bring me something with alcohol in it, I really need it." Rory says while sitting down on the couch.

I chuckle, completely understanding her. If I weren't pregnant - again - I'd drink something strong right now, too. These hormones are driving me crazy.

I see Damien is bitchy because we got interrupted and I mockingly bump my hip into his in the kitchen. He gives me a serious look and I show him my tongue. "Oh, you're such a child. We'll continue later."

"We never do," Damien says.

I sigh. Jesus, it's like looking after two children, not only one. "That's not only my fault, baby." I wink.

Damien wraps his arm around the low of my back and pulls me to him before he kisses me, dipping me back. I chuckle into his mouth. "Guests are waiting," Damien says teasingly, his hand touching my butt.

He takes the beers and a mojito out to Braden and Rory while I get something to eat for them.

"Holy shit, Brooke, you have a rat in your living room!" I hear Braden say loudly.

And then Rory follows. "Oh my God, what a cute little thing!"

I peek my head out of the living room. "That's not a rat, Braden, that's a sphynx cat."

"I'm sorry, did you just call this thing a cat? I have a cat. This is definitely not a cat. It doesn't even have a fur."

Rory rolls her eyes at her husband as she takes Rosy up in her arms, the little thing already purring. "This is a breed of cat that doesn't have a fur, Braden, honey," Rory says patiently. She knows a few things about animals since she's a vet. "Can we get one?" Rory asks hopefully.