Chapter 42

I'm seconds away from punching the bitch in the face.

I don't know what she's even doing here, showing up her face again. I haven't seen her in three years and I was happy with that. And now she shows up when Braden is happy with someone else. 

I follow her with my eyes, waiting for her to just make one wrong move so I can attack. I feel like a panther. 

Rory stands up swiftly and Braden follows, grabbing her hand. "Victoria, what are you doing here?" Braden calmly asks, even though he's anything but calm.

Victoria pouts. "I just stopped by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving."

"Thanks. You can go now," Braden says subtly.

"No wishing me Happy Thanksgiving back? Or inviting me to this family gathering?"

My head cocks to the side, looking at her incredulously. 

"I don't owe you anything. I'm kindly asking you to leave before I'll have to get you escorted out of the building."

Victoria huffs, displeased. The boy in her arms scrunches his face and leaves out a cry, "Momma! Go home!" he pleads.

Victoria puts her hand on his head, pushing it into her chest and cuddles him. She shoots daggers at everyone present. "Look what you've done. You upset my kid. You upset our kid," she hisses.

My mouth hangs open. I stare at her in rage and I stare at Braden in question. What the hell? 

Braden's jaw twitches. "You decided to bring your child with you, Victoria, showing here for whatever sick reason you had. Now leave," he demands. 

Victoria lifts her head up higher and looks everyone in the eyes before she looks back at Braden. "This is not the last time you'll hear from me." She heads out with that, cradling her child in her arms and try to calm him down. 

Even though Victoria leaves, she leaves the tension behind her. "Is someone going to tell me what the hell is going on here?" Rory's dad demands.

I turn my eyes to Rory who's just focusing on her breathing, wanting some answers, too. 

"It's not what it looks like," Braden is the first to speak. He looks at all of us. 

Everyone looks shocked and no one haves any idea what's going on. I'm still pissed for seeing her here today. 

"Then I suggest you start talking, Braden," Rory's dad says with a voice that doesn't allow any objections.

Everyone turns to Braden for answers. 

"That woman ... Victoria, she's my ex-girlfriend." He shakes his head. "We ended things almost three years ago and we haven't stayed in touch ever since. In fact, we ended everything because she ran away with her lover, who in fact was my best friend.

"She's back now, as everyone already saw. I don't know what she wants and flatly, I don't even care." 

Rory's dad still needs some convincing. "And the child?" he prompts.

Braden sighs and his hand slips from Rory's as he puts his palms on his face, rubbing it and then brushing his hair back, a clear giveaway of distress. "It might be a possibility it's mine, but she doesn't have any proof. I'll do a paternity test, but until then ..." He doesn't finish the sentence.

I inhale sharply. He might have a child with that snake?! I am so not going to be aunt that child, even though it's not his fault that his mother is a whore. 

I see that Rory's parents are shocked from the news. As am I, but Braden's dating their daughter, who's also pregnant with him. 

"I won't leave her. No matter what happens, no matter what those tests show,  I won't leave Rory," Braden says to her dad.