Chapter 27

If this is Karma, I'll have to be careful about who I'm talking the next time. I was here, bitching about Aaron to Sam, and here he is, showing up at my flat as if he has any right to be here. 

"How did you even know where I live?" I ask Aaron suspiciously. He leads himself into the flat, going past me. Sure, why don't you make yourself at home, boy?

"This is America, Brooke. Nothing is hidden," Aaron replies, looking around. "Cute," he comments.

"Cute?" I snort, looking at the flat, too. "Okay, why the hell are you here?" I ask him with my hands on my hips, standing in the middle of the room, putting a great distance between us. I don't really trust myself around him.

Aaron stares at me with his green eyes. His hair is dishevelled, probably from the wind blowing outside and his eyes look sunken. "I really need to talk to you, Brooke. I also think I owe you an apology."

I point to the couch and say, "Let's sit down, then. Want anything to drink?" I ask. 

"Juice if you have. Otherwise, water will be just fine." I look at Aaron in question because he actually sounds nervous. 

I go to the kitchen for two glasses of orange juice and take it to the living room where Aaron is seated, waiting for me. I sit down and when Aaron opens his mouth to speak, I cut him off, "First of, I don't think you owe me any apology. We said there wouldn't be anything serious between us and if you kiss anyone else, that shouldn't matter to me. However," I continue seriously, "I don't think I can be that girl."

Aaron nods his head seriously. "Alright. That's precisely why I'm here today." 

My mouth perks up at the corner. "Yeah, that's a bit creepy, by the way." 

Aaron hangs his head and I see a small smile playing on his mouth. "I think I want to try," he announces, biting the inside of his cheek. He avoids my eyes, but I keep my stare on him.

"Try what?" I ask softly, curiously.

Aaron looks at me then, slowly lifting his eyes to mine. "To have more. With you." 

My head slowly cocks to the side, wondering if we're thinking about the same thing here and if he's really implying on what I think he is. 

"I don't think I can offer you a relationship as for now, but I think I want to be with you enough to try and have something ... more." 

"What does that mean, Aaron? If you don't want a relationship, what is this 'more'  you're talking about?" I want to know. 

Aaron sighs, going through his hair with his hands. "Well, it would mean that we would see each other exclusively."

I raise an eyebrow. "That's what a relationship is, Aaron," I say patiently. 

"Yeah ... I know, but I don't want to put any labels on what we have ... will have," he responds.

I curl up on the couch with my legs on it and place my elbow on the back of the couch, resting my head in my hand. "You're really so sure that I'll accept your offer?" 

Aaron gives me a boyish smile. "Well ... I hope."

"What would I get out of this?" I ask him, actually thinking about accepting his offer. I'm playing with fire again and I don't even care. 

Aaron's mouth perks up. He knows he's got me. "A hell of a good sex?" he offers charmingly.

I full on laugh at this because I kind of expected what he's going to say. I narrow my eyes on him. "No kissing other girls, then? Especially not my flatmate." I shudder at that. I won't be able to look Rory in the eyes if Aaron kisses her one more time.