Chapter 10

"How's Bridezilla?" I snicker.

I hear Braden sigh. "Truthfully, I can't wait for this to be over already."

I chuckle. "It's still not too late to change your mind, you know ..." I joke.

"Brooke, you know I love her. For better or for worse, right?" he answers seriously.

I roll my eyes. "I was only joking," I say. "You know ... I'm really happy for you. You deserve this." I don't think I tell him this enough. But he's that person that I want to see happy, really happy, because I know how much he deserves it.

All his life, he's been giving love to everyone. It's time he gets some of that love back now. I only hope Victoria is really the right woman to make him happy.

"Thank you, Brooke. I appreciate hearing this. I know you don't like my fiancée."

I snicker. Brother, dear, I hate your fiancée. But I try to tolerate her. Because if Braden is planning to spend his whole life with her, that means she's going to be a big part of my life, too. I guess it'll take some time for me to learn to tolerate her at least, but I'll do it for him.

"Don't worry about me. I'll learn to cope with her if I have to," I mutter. I still don't know what my brother really sees on her, but it's none of my business anyway so I'll let him love whoever he wants.

I only hope he's not doing a mistake and he'll ruin his life by forever regretting to marry a woman like Victoria.

"Thank you, that's all I really want. I hate you two fighting."

"Braden! They sent us the wrong flowers! I didn't order lilies!" Speaking of the devil ...

Braden groans. "I need to go," he says apologetically. I can hear how tired he is these days. It's two days until his big day and Victoria has been relentless, wanting the biggest and most extravagant wedding in history.

My doorbell rings. It must be Damien. I open the door while saying to Braden, "Me too. Love you."

"You too," he says. I hear Victoria call his name again before he hangs up.

I can finally give Damien my full attention now. Wow. He's ... magnificent, standing before me in his trousers and a tight white dress shirt that's tucked into his pants.

In these two weeks that passed, Damien and I became really good friends. Best friends I could say. We hung out basically every day. And either we went out or we stayed in and put one a movie.

And because of all that spending time together, my feelings for him have deepened. Yes. That fast.

It would be better if he was a shallow man or if he would have imperfections. Hell, it could help that he would be rude to the bartenders or yell at the idiot parking his car in a way that Damien could barely get his car out of the driving space.

But no. He was perfect. With no mistakes, at least not the ones that would make him unattractive even in the slightest. He was beautiful inside and out.

Maybe the only thing that really bothered me about him is that he was still seen with those long-legged models. But he assured me he didn't sleep with any of them and I didn't even see him kissing them.

I didn't quite believe him, so I stopped asking him about them. Doesn't mean I stopped being jealous.

He was still giving hints that he wants to sleep with me. And I often thought how easy it would be to just give in and spend a night with him.

But I was scared of what it would be like the next morning. We have a great friendship now and I really don't want to ruin it.

We're going out tonight, to a bar for a drink.