Chapter 4. The unknown fortune

Another day of annoying Amber trying to cook as usual me and Andrew would always say that Jacob, Andrew's father had an errand for us and we would either go to Waffle house, burger king or any store that was open early in the morning and those mornings were perfect for me. 

Just me and Andrew eating together laughing and talking. 

It was like me and Andrew were the only two people in the world and in that world everything was perfect.

"Remember that time we egged someone's house and then we found out it was Principal Marge's home" Andrew said with a mouth full of fries, I burst out laughing making the burger in my mouth fly out of my mouth which made Andrew shield his face with his hands and he laughed as hard as I did. I quickly drank my orange juice and he said "You're gross!!" I opened my mouth as I chewed my Fries and he just laughed at me. 

"What's this?" someone asked, me and Andrew looked at the owner of the voice and saw Michael standing there with a bag of take out. "Hey Mike! What's up?" Andrew said cooly but I smacked his shoulder and nervously looked at Michael since he knew, my little secret. "Getting breakfast" I said calmly "Thanks for stating the obvious" he replied "Wanna join us?" Andrew asked trying to be friendly "Sorry bro, Can't" Michael replied calmly but then he looked at me with an intense stare and asked "So I'll pick you up around 6?" What!? 

My eyebrows furrowed but he said "6 it is, remember dress nice I am taking you somewhere you'll enjoy" as he winked and walked off. My jaw was opened and I wondered to myself 'What in God's name just happened!?' Andrew looked at me with a slightly angry look "So you and Mike are going out?" he asked as he didn't make eye contact and he ate his burger.

"Uhh... I guess so" I replied unsure of what just happened. "You should be careful, Mike is a player" Andrew warned me "Are you jealous?" I asked him just teasing him even though he is married. "Please Jennifer, I am married" he said flatly but I put my elbows on the table and said "You are jealous, you barely use my full name" but his reaction was not what I expected he suddenly stood up and slammed his hand on the table making me flinch "Jennifer!! I am a married man!! And I especially don't like the idea of you and Mike hanging out together, he is nothing but trouble! Don't you know he has been to jail-- Twice!! He slacks off at school and is known to be the biggest player in history!! I forbid you to go out with him" he yelled, everyone around us just stared at us and whispered silently.

But I just calmly stood up and said "Yes, I notice you are a married man-- very clearly too but you have no right to tell me who I can and cannot go out with!! You don't even know Michael like I know him." "Oh! So you have slept with him!?" Andrew yelled even louder "You are a slut" that one word set me off, I never imagined Andrew to be this angry over something so small. "Slut? You don't even know what a Slut looks like even though-- YOU MARRIED ONE!!!" I yelled the last part and stormed out of the place not caring if I have to walk all the way home. 

Once I ran out of burger King, I saw Michael on his motorcycle waiting for me as if he knew that me and Andrew were gonna fight. "What are you doing Michael?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest, "Just get on and I'll explain later" he said as he handed me another helmet. I rolled my eyes and put on the helmet and as I got on the motorcycle Andrew came out of burger king as if to stop me from going home but he was shock once he saw me with Michael. Michael then speed off and I heard Andrew yell,

"JEN!!"

The wind whipped my hair and everything around me was passing by in a blur. "So you planned for me and Andrew to fight?" I asked, "Yes, and about tonight I have found out something about Andrew and why my sister is with him. Oh! My plan is also to make Andrew jealous" he said after he arrived at Andrew's house thankfully Andrew wasn't home yet. Michael then said "Remember 6, make it sharp" I took off my helmet but then asked "Uhh.. Michael, since we are like pretending that we are going out can I ask at least a very personal question?" but Michael chuckled and said "No, I've never been to jail, I only went to jail to bail out a friend. Yes I am a player when it comes to girls but I never sleep with them and leave them, that is only a reputation since girls get so clingy and they think we are like already a thing so I ignore them thus leads to the "Player Reputation" and I might be the bad boy type but I can respect a girl, better than my older brother. Also if I were Andrew and I had a girl like you.. I would never let you go" he then speed off.

Michael is just a misunderstood person who happens to be caught up in a messy situation. 

**

For the rest of the day Andrew never came home and Amber was surprisingly not worried or annoying me about it. I then went to my room to get ready for mine and Michael's "Date" I'm not even sure you could call it in such a way since the topic for tonight would most likely be about Amber and Andrew. 

"Where are you going sweetheart?" Ginger asked as she was cooking dinner, GREAT! just as I was going out for dinner Amber decides not to cook dinner and let Ginger, so tomorrow I might have to suffer Amber's cooking. "On a date" I simply stated, "Aww. Really honey? With who?" she asked "Just a friend" I said as I checked my navy blue dress in the mirror. I'm glad the dress didn't clung to my body because my stomach was now getting a small bump. "I hope he is as handsome as Andrew" she said as her eyes beamed with amusement. I smiled at her but then she suddenly burst into tears, "What's wrong Ginger?" I asked as I put a comforting hand over her shoulders "I don't know sweetheart, first it's like me and Jacob especially your parents thought you and Andrew would get married and suddenly Andrew gets married to another girl and unfortunately she doesn't want any children. Was it something I did wrong?" she sobbed

"No Ginger, You are a great mother. It's just that me and Andrew are simply not meant to be" I said, even though I would love to deny what I just said but I couldn't, no matter how much it broke my heart. I hugged Ginger and gave her a kiss before walking out of the house to meet up with Michael.

**

We were at a very fancy restaurant and Michael looked good when he cleaned up. "So what is this information you have for me?" I asked teasingly but then Michael looked around to make sure no one was listening "I am not suppose to tell you but I have to-- I can't tell you everything because if I do then everything won't go according to plan" he was talking too fast for me to keep up. "What on earth are you talking about?" I asked "Slow down"

"I have a plan to fix everything-- I am not doing this for only you Jen, I am doing this for myself. You see the parents of my sister that you met at the wedding aren't mine or Amber's true parents. They are just... Friends. Friends who own my parent's company but... my parents left a safe or more like a bank account with the deed to the company and millions of dollars that was suppose to go to me but unfortunately I was too young to get the money and my parents didn't trust Ryan or Amber so they gave it to their most trusted and most loyal employee. Andrew." he explained

"So, Andrew owns all of this company?" I asked completely shocked and confused at the new information, I'm not even sure my brain could cope with this. "Yes, he owns it. My parents signed a contract with a lawyer stating that everything goes to Andrew unfortunately Andrew doesn't know all this and only with Andrew's signature and finger print can he access all of this. Andrew even knows the code and where the money is. My so called parents are taking over the company illegally they haven't said a word to Andrew" "but what did the lawyer do about this?" I asked

"Amber married Andrew so Amber owns half of the company and before the lawyer could tell Andrew the lawyer was found dead in his apartment. These so called parents of mine are very dangerous including Ryan, Amber is just go with the flow. That's all I can tell you Jen, I am sorry" he said, "How did you know all this? and what are we suppose to do?" I asked frantically, now worried for Andrew because they might do something like oh... I don't know-- KILL HIM!!!

"I broke into some files in the company as of now Ryan is running the company and I am just a janitor there but studying to be a doctor. Once Andrew knows you are pregnant and we have enough proof then he'll break up with Amber and the company will be his again" he said "Yeah, but won't that stop them from killing Andrew?" I asked but Michael just looked down sadly and said "I know Jen, but it is the safest risk we have to take" 

and I thought being pregnant with my best friend's baby was worse.

Hey guys! Who do you think should Andrew look like? Josh Bowman? or what? Please comment below for any suggestions. :D Thanks for reading!