My Best Friend's Son

Pregnant

The word kept repeating inside my head, it's hard to believe that it all started from a simple kiss. My best friend's kiss. I sat there on the small bed, the doctor was trying to talk to me but I couldn't hear anything, except for my heart beat that's accelerating by the second and my unsteady shakey breath that can't be controled.

"Ms.Hawkins?" The doctor raised his voice a little making me snap out of my own little bubble. "Hmm?" I replied, lost for words. "Do you want to keep the baby?" the doctor asked me before I even knew it I was sucked back in my tiny bubble.

Do I want to keep this baby? but after that question and ton others kept popping up. Will I tell Andrew? How will he react to this? would he want an abortion? What will Amber think? Will she kill me? And worst of all-- would my baby grow up knowing his father if I ever decide to keep him or or her?

I looked back at the doctor and my voice croaked, "I..." I honestly don't know what to say. The doctor sighed and asked "Ms.Hawkins, who is the father of the baby?" Was it Andrew-- Pssh... of course it is! He is the only one I ever slept with. "My best friend" I replied, the doctor seemed amused at my answer and asked another question "Is he here?" "No, he is on his honeymoon with his wife" I replied, I could tell that the doctor felt pity for me.

"Ms.Hawkins I--" before the doctor could even finished I cut him off by saying "I am keeping the baby" as I put both my hands on my stomach. Somewhere in there was a junior Andrew. "But I want to keep this between you and me Doc. If anybody asks for my condition just say I have the flew or something" I said, I felt happy but at the same time worried as hell. I had a part of Andrew with me but will he even be there to raise this kid of his? And possibly his only son since Amber didn't want to have kids.

"Yes, Ms.Hawkins" The doctor said,

I will keep this to myself for the moment. Andrew nor anybody should know about the tiny little boy or girl growing in my womb. would I be able to keep it a secret forever? No. Eventually they'll find out but I just hope that Andrew would be there for the baby even if he is a married man.