Chapter 12. The Warning

Andrew's POV:

        This is the day. The day that I would finally tell Amber that I choose Jennifer. It has and always will be her, Yes! There did came a time that I was oh so in love with her but I was vulnerable. I was broken from Jennifer's rejection thinking that I could never love again then came in a very beautiful stunning woman who just instantly clicked with me. She understood my pain.

Although Amber does still hold another precious jewel inside her stomach, still two more precious jewels were living with Michael. These pass few days I have been acting like a douche towards Jennifer and I wish I could just tell her how I feel without her words piercing me like daggers of guilt. Each word she has said is true and that's what makes it hurt. That knowing I allowed myself to hurt her, it's unforgivable.

But Jennifer was worth everything.

She is the only girl who can make my heart feel like it's on fire. The only girl whose got me standing on my tippy toes around her. She doesn't know her worth, and I am here to show her how much she is worth. I held the divorce papers in my hands. Never in my life would I ever thought I would be holding these papers. "Andrew! Baby! Have you seen the nursery room!? I specifically told them to color it gold but the colored it yellow! Yellow baby! Yellow! This is not acceptable!" her British voice rang through the room.

Ever since me and Amber have been married she has been more demanding, but it could also be the pregnancy hormones. As she arrived where I was, the kitchen. She noticed I was not in the mood to be discussing about the nursery which she did not want me or her to decorate, she wanted a professional designer. Then her eyes traveled to the papers in my hand. "What's wrong baby? Work?" she asked as she put her hands on top of her belly. She usually does this as if to say 'Don't give me a hard time, we have a baby together.' but it was now or never.

"Amber, we need to talk?" her eyes widen at my choice of words because everyone knew what that meant. "What's wrong baby? Did you get papers from... a lawyer?" her voice seemed scared. Maybe she knows what I'm about to do? "Actually... I want a divorce." I said not making eye contact with her but she tensed as she shrieked "What!?" which was too loud for any human being. "Why would you want to get a divorce with me? Is there something wrong? If there is then we can easily fix it." she quickly tried to fix but there was nothing to fix.

"But there is nothing to fix Amber... It's not you... It's me... and Jennifer." I slowly said her eyes were filled with anger that I know too much of. Ever since Amber has met Jennifer she despised her. She saw her as a threat, as someone who could steal me away from her but how? When Jennifer has stolen me long ago. "I knew it!! I knew it!! That Bitch couldn't keep her hands to herself.. couldn't keep her legs shut!!" then I snapped back "Don't talk to her that way!" she backed away.

Then her eyes soften as she rubbed her belly and said "Don't leave us." now she was pulling the guilty card. She then walked up to me and wrapped her arms around me as she swayed."We're a family too Andrew. Family always have to stick together, I don't want my child to grow up without a father." She said but I didn't have it in me to say that I'll stay or to even return the hug. I then unwrapped her arms around me and stare at her "Amber, you knew from the very beginning that I have loved Jennifer." "But I was there when she broke your heart! I helped you stand up again." she argued

"There's nothing you can say or do that will change my mind, Amber." I told her the harsh truth, the anger returned to her eyes as her hands were balled up in a fist. "You can't leave me Andrew." she said like a robot. "I'm gonna set this straight. I can't keep lying to myself." I told her as I made my way towards the front door then she yelled "If you step one foot out of that door Andrew I swear to God that you will regret it." before I did take a step out of the door I told her "That's one thing I am sure of, I won't." As I walked out of the door to go to Jennifer and spill out everything I heard Amber yell,

"There will be consequences Andrew!!"

And I am more willing to face them if it means that I get to be with Jennifer.

***

        Walking away from Amber was the hardest thing I have ever done. Knowing she was a mother and I was about to leave them but what was even more hard was telling Jennifer I love her once more. The first time I did it she ran away and never showed herself for many years. I don't want the past to repeat itself. I did told her a few times of how I felt but she usually doubts my words since I was still running back to Amber but this time there is no Amber. There is no wife, no marriage, there was only Jennifer and our son, Anderson.

They were everything to me.

I walked to Michael's apartment trying to clear my head from the things that have just happened and was about to happen. Without knocking on Michael's apartment door I opened the door swinging it open only to find the worse image a man could ever see, my heart shattered.

Jennifer backed up against the wall and Michael,

Kissing.