broken beauty

London POV

Ronnie has been better since our talk. He is still really quiet, but Marshall says its just his age. Laney is back at college, Hailie is just starting her senior year, and Ronnie and Whitney are in seventh grade. I've gone back to being a psychologist; my record sold well, and i really enjoy music, but i feel like its more of a side project. Im not at the school any more, i got hired at a private practice.

I leave work early today because i didn't have a lot of patients today. I drive home and walk inside to see that everyone's home but Marshall. I set my bag in my room and go into the kitchen to make dinner.

In the middle of cooking meat for tacos, Hailie walks in and fidgets as she leans on the counter.

"you planning on telling Mr what's wrong or just standing there?"

"sorry, i just dont know how to ask..."

"Hailie Jade, just tell me woman."

"Kyle asked me out today."

"the boy you like?!"

She has been talking about how cute this boy is, and how he's really good at lacrosse.

"yeah, he asked me to go on a date with him."

"what does he want to do?"

"he wants to take me to this Trik."

"oh...i don't know if Marshall will allow that..."

"i know its a long shot, but we would be really careful and i really like Kyle."

"Hailie i know, its just that Trik is a place known for rap battles and i don't know if Marshall wants you in that environment."

"Im eighteen years old for crying out loud!"

"i know. I do. But with proof and everything that your dad grew Up with, i just don't think he will want you to be in that situation."

"this isn't the nineties London."

"i know. Look i will try my best but don't hold it against me if i can't talk him into it."

She comes over and hugs me, "thanks London. I owe you big time!"

She runs out and goes to watch t.v. With Whitney and Ronnie.

I shake my head and chop lettuce for dinner. Its going to take a lot for marsh to let Hailie go. Trik is her generations Shelter. He doesn't want her in that environment, that feeling was only enforced after Proof died. And even if they were just going to a movie, he probably wouldn't let Hailie go with Kyle because he listens to rap. He's always so scared that one of the girls is going to end up with some psycho that takes rap too seriously.

I hear the front door open and close, meaning Marshall just got home. My stomach turns in nervousness as well as anticipation to see my husband. But mostly nervousness.

"hey angel," he walks in and kisses the side of my head before starting to set the table. "how was your day?"

"it was okay, i didn't have a lot of appointments so i left early."

"that's good, Im so happy you made tacos, I've been craving them all week!" he rubs his stomach and smirks at me.

"i know sweetie, you've been begging for them all week."

I smile at him and peck his lips before calling for the kids. Dinner goes well, Marshall eats enough to feed an army. My stomach turns at the thought of how this conversation is going to go.

We clean up the table and put the small amount of left overs we have, in the fridge. The kids run off to take showers and get ready for tomorrow. Here goes nothing.