Chapter 3

Upon arriving to The Farm, Desmond just silently led the way through the town surrounding it and up to the mountain. Technically, the town itself was not The Farm, but it might have as well been a part of it. It was an assassin-run town with most all the residents being a part of the Brotherhood with very few just everyday civilians. Desmond used to envy these people. They didn't have to listen to his Mother go on about their legacy and William about what an honour it was to be an assassin or the constant consperiecy theories. Now though? Although he was still envious he also felt...well not releif that they didn't know, maybe happy they could stay so blissfully unaware.

"We'll be there soon" William spoke, breaking the heavy silence that came over the group. "Desmond your mother is in Egypt again, another of her expeditions" Desmond just nodded, then smiled as he heard a screech and looked up. He held out his arm that had Ezio's blade on and a huge Harpy Eagle landed right on it.

Desmond just smiled "Hello Tasha, sorry for worrying you girl" the eagle gave out a squawk and nuzzled the side of his head. The others in the group couldn't help but smile at the exchange. "Who's this glorious beauty?" Connor asked as he approached. He paused as Tasha narrowed her eyes and ruffled up her feathers. Desmond cooed at her and stroked her feathers, relaxing her "This is Tasha, my Harpy Eagle. I saved her egg back before I off and left The Farm" Desmond introduced.

Jacob watched with a fond smile as Connor stroked the giant and admittedly terrifying eagle. Evie gave him a knowing look as they all continued soon after a short while, Tasha still perched on Desmond. Honestly Jacob was so transparent sometimes.

"What are you smiling about?" She turned to see Malik next to her. "My brother and his little crush" she gestured to where he was walking with Connor. "Honestly he's so transparent" "Oh?" Malik rose a brow at her. "Well transparent to me, we are twins after all" she hummed and shook her head and turned her full attention to him "Now you I am admittedly excited to meet, you're a well known historian and member of the Brotherhood" "You have an interest in history?" "But of course, history and the past...they're facinating, but dangerous if you think to hard. It's so easy to repeat mistakes but...it also is easier to learn and grow. Many of your records and maps the Brotherhood has used for generations, including the one I'm using...used?" She asked and Malik shrugged the best he could "to find the Shroud of Eden, which is said to heal any wound" Malik nodded, and thw two continued to discuss varies topics.

Many assassins turned when they heard Tasha give out a squawk, and many stared as the group navigated through the small buildings that litter The Farm's property. William led them onto the biggest house on the lot and Desmond immediately went up to his old room, Shaun following behind him closely. "So this is it?" Connor asked, looking around "Yep, welcome to The Farm, one of the few assassin safe havens left" William waved his hand and grinned "And my main base of operations, most of it is in the caves of the mountain and underground" the group nodded as he lead them through, explaining varies places and objects.

Later they were set up in their rooms with the same roommates they had before. Jacob was estatic, and Evie just smiled at him "Someone is happy" she observed. "I can't help it, Evie" he smiled at her as they walked around the property, exploring on their own. "Have you seen and talked to him?" "Clearly noy you've been occupying Mr. Kenway's time" she teased him. Jacob just shrugged "Met anyone interesting Evie?" "They're all facinating, these people from our history and present" she admitted "Though Mr. Al-Sayf is the most interesting by far, we had an excellent discussion of history and the Brotherhood" "Oh really? Is he gonna replace Greenie in your heart?" He teased. Jacob smirked as he observed his sister blush. "Jacob!" The two laughed.

Malik frowned as he, Altaïr, and Shay followed the British twins. "Why are we following them again?" Shay asked and Altaïr shrugged "One Miss Evie Frye is the first person I've ever seen Malik take any interest in" the Syrian blushed and glared at his friend. "It's true" Altaïr shrugged.

"What was that?" Evie asked and turned where she heard a twig snapping. It was weird, being in a forest and not in a city. There were different sounds and obsticles to take into account. "I don't know, but I'm going to find out" Jacob promised as he started to go off somewhere else and creep towards where they heard the noise, Evie pulling up her own hood and creeping the oposite way.

Shay cursed under his breath and grabbed the two Syrians "They heard us let's move!" Quickly and easily, he navigated the path they took to get there, keeping an ear out for the twins as he did so. This...Evie and Jacob were probably going to kill them if they ever found out. He paused, using his eagle vision to find one of the secret entrenched and quickly led Altaïr abd Malik inside.

"Stay hidden I'm going to go see if they're gone" Shay crept out through the secret entrance. Altaïr just watched him, bewildered and...kind of in awe. This man...he didn't have to make sure they got out of that situation, he hated assassins after all, and yet...

"We'll at least he got us out of there right Altaïr...Altaïr?" Malik frowned as he looked over at his unresponsive friend and coleauge. The look on his face as he just stared where Shay exited from...Malik gave a rare smile at the sight of it. He shook his head though and grabbed the master assassin, leading him through the tunnels and to another entrance/exit.

"Oh hel-ow!" He glared as he fell to his knees, clenching his stomach. Damn what did Jacob hit him with "What the hell Cormac?" Jacob glared "What do you think these woods are exclusively yours?" Shay taunted "I was walking around and practicing my free running...damn that hurt what the hell?" Jacob just smirked and revealed his brass knuckles "I don't leave home without them" he winked. "Sorry though it bloody hurts let's head back to the main cabin..house....place" he held out his hand and Shay reluctantly took it and stood up.

This group was full of surprises.