Chapter 6

"Something isn't right here..." Desmond frowned as he and his mother approached the settlement around the Farm. Nearly all the assassins were gone along with some of the innocents. Nilea nodded and the two drove up to the Farm cautiously.

Once they got close, Desmond let Tasha put of her cage and into the open sky. His Vision was... blurred, but that was mostly due to the area having a strange smoke in the air, though it seemed to be dissipating.

"Something’s wrong, none of the usual sentries are at their posts..." he informed.

Nilea frowned. "What else does she see?"

"The entire place is deserted...it's almost as if there was an attack. Someone got separated and was running through the forest, but it appears (instead of evidentially) they were taken... And so close to an entrance to the tunnels as well..."

Nilea frowned and nodded as Tasha came back, and they drove off to the nearest safe house.

"Desmond!" he heard a sentry call and he nodded to her as he and his mother got out of the car.

"Desmond!" Shaun ran over and hugged him.

"Are you okay? What happened?" Desmond asked, and Tasha cocked her head.

Mau meowed so Nilea pet her to try and soothe her. "What's going on William"

"Nil..."

"Don't ‘Nil’ me, Miles! What. Happened." She then glanced around and gasped when she saw Altaïr approach. "Holy... It's an honor." She nodded to him "I thought Desmond was..."

"It wasn't a trick or hallucination, no," Desmond chuckled, and  William and Altaïr helped the newly arrived mother and son with their bags.

"Shaun... Are you ok?" Desmond approached the other man and looked him over for any injuries. "The Farm looked ransacked!"

"We were attacked," he grunted and rubbed his temples. "But I'm fine," he reassured the younger man.

Desmond nodded and pulled him close. "I was so worried..."

"I was too. I'm glad you're safe," Shaun hugged him back.

Evie cleared her throat, and the two men separated. "Shay Cormac is missing. We assume he was captured by the enemy"

Desmond tensed, but nodded. "We'll have to find him. If they find out that he's actually the Shay Cormac..."

The female assassin gave a nod, before she heard a squeal.

"Evie Frye as well? Desmond, you don't tell me enough!"

"My apologies, mom," he chuckled nervously as the Egyptian woman approached the young, British assassin.

"Your research into the Pieces of Eden is astounding! I used it as the base for mine!"

"Why, thank you." Evie blinked and looked around. "Um... My brother is around here somewhere.”

"Really?" Nilea asked, interest peaked once again.

"Mom calm down," Desmond said. Trying to placate the woman, he said; "Why don't you unpack all the things you took from the original headquarters?"

"All of it?" she asked him "Even... That?"

Evie blinked, caught off guard by the sudden change in demeanor of the woman.

"ⲥⲉ" Desmond said in a language Evie didn't quite understand. The suddenly stoic woman nodded and raced off.

Evie glanced at Desmond. How did he..?

---

Evie later approached Malik and Leonardo in the library. "Do either of you know what does ⲥⲉ mean?" she asked.

Leonardo shook his head, but Malik frowned and nodded. "I'm not overly familiar with the language, but it's Codic for yes, why?"

Evie explained the bizarre encounter she just had.

Malik frowned more. "Hm... I do not know why he would speak this to his mother," he admitted. "Maybe it's how they communicate so people won't understand them?"

"Maybe... I just wish I knew what they were referring to."

----

Nilea and Mau looked around the musty and creaking celler. Making sure the coast was clear before Nilea pulled out a very round artefact. The Egyptian smiled gently as it glowed a soft gold. She quickly placed it with the others in her vault. Finally, she has one of the Egyptian Apples. Now she just needed to find the others. She knew she was neglecting her family, but in the end it would all be worth it. Besides, Desmond was an adult now and her husband shouldn't need her to babysit him.

---

Later that evening, Connor was on the roof, looking at the stars. Since they were near a city, there weren't as many out as there could have been, but he tried not to let it bother him. Truthfully though, he missed the wide skies, not blocked by anything but trees and the occasional cloud.

"There you are," called out a male voice, breaking through Connor’s thoughts.

He turned his head to see Jacob climbing on up and sitting next to him.

"Couldn't sleep," Conner told Jacob, turning his gaze back to the stars. The Englishman nodded, and looked up at them as well.

"I'm not used to seeing this many stars," he admitted. "Even during my time, you never saw stars above London, though it was mostly due to fog and the weather."

"Really?" Connor asked and Jacob nodded.

"Yeah. Don't get me wrong I love the city, but I just think this view is amazing."

"I'm used to seeing more stars," Connor admitted. "Then again I grew up in nature as a hunter, a warrior. The stars, forest, and even rivers were familiar to me and... I guess I just miss them."

Jacob wrapped an arm around him and nodded. "I miss the city as well, it may not seem the same-"

"No it makes sense," Connor cut him off, then blushed and looked at Jacob. "Sorry, um… I didn't mean to cut you off."

The British man just laughed and waved his hand. "It's fine."

Connor smiled at him and nodded, continuing to lean against him in silence and together, they watched the stars.