𝟏𝟑*

Professor Dumbledore had allowed Olivia to change out of her dress and into something more comfortable before they sat down in his office. She was somewhat grateful although she wished when she went up to her dormitory that she was going to bed, not readying herself to return to Dumbledore's office.

She hadn't expected her night to turn so south when she met Alex outside of the great hall earlier on. She thought she was getting herself in for a night of dancing with her friends, readying themselves for Christmas. Now, she was spending the early hours of her Christmas morning sitting in her head masters office, barely able to keep her eyes open as McGonagall and Snape sat near her.

What she was least expecting though, was for her old defence against the dark arts professor to arrive — Remus Lupin. Even in his short year of teaching he always appeared exhausted and right now was no different. He looked how she felt. 

When she tucked her legs underneath herself to sit criss-cross on the chair no one said anything to her, they just let her do it. She threaded her hand into her curled hair, thankful for the blissful sound of silence as it lulled her to sleep but she had to remind herself she wasn't there to sleep. If that were the case, she'd of been curled up in bed in her dormitory but she wasn't.

"I think first of all you owe a great thanks to your friend Miss. Granger and Mr. Krum, Olivia." Dumbledore started by telling her, coaxing her to open her eyes, "They were the ones who alerted faculty members of Mr. Bianchi's change of mental state."

"You mean that he was under the Imperius curse?" Olivia replied while arching her brow.

"Allegedly." Snape spoke then.

"There's no allegedly about it." Was Olivia's response, "He was."

Severus turned to his student and rose a brow after hearing her response before he looked to Dumbledore, "Well if that's the case there is someone residing in this castle with an ulterior motive."

Olivia shook her head, "That is not my problem."

"It is when said individual wants you dead, dear." Professor McGonagall said to her.

"Alex didn't try to kill me." Olivia told them, "Draco and Blaise, yeah maybe, even Serena but not me. He wanted my bracelet, not my life."

The moment she mentioned her bracelet she felt the energy in the room shift. The adults surrounding her sat up little straighter, their brows raising and ears perking. That was news to them and alarming news at that. Why somebody would curse a sixteen year old boy in order to do their bidding was bad enough, but why they'd send him after Olivia and the sacred heirloom on her wrist was worse. It was worse than they'd anticipated it to be.

"He wanted your bracelet?" Remus queried then.

Olivia eyed him hesitantly before she sighed, "I'm sorry, but you're one step away from tipping me over the edge. Now, I respect you and all but what the hell are you doing here?"

"Miss. Warwick." McGonagall scolded her then, her eyes widening but Olivia payed no mind to her tone.

"It's quite all right, Minerva." Remus shook his head with a faint smile, "I understand."

Olivia shook her head and turned to Dumbledore, "You said that whatever was happening to me was a secret and that I couldn't tell anyone. Now, I've about figured it out that this bloody bracelet my mum told me to protect with my life is somehow involved in this twisted situation. If this truly is so private then Professor Lupin wouldn't be here."