𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆*

In a tightly knit village named Godric's Hollow, an eleven year old pure-blood witch was was waiting impatiently at the front door of her house. Seated there since ten o'clock that morning, she tapped mindlessly on to the tiled floor beneath her while twirling a lock of hair in her finger.

Why was she waiting?

Olivia Warwick, daughter of Jackson and Mary Warwick, was waiting for her acceptance letter to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Her young, eleven year old mind had spent countless hours dreaming about Hogwarts and how truly amazing it would be to study there. She craved to study at the prestigious Wizarding school in Scotland, following in her family's footsteps.

She had heard numerous stories from her mother and father about the wizarding school. How her father and his best friends were notoriously known as The Marauders, a group of five Gryffindor boys best known for their tricks and pranks. How her mother was incredibly bright although too courageous for her own good. How she was also sorted into Gryffindor too, where she had met her best, and lifelong friend Lily Evans. And how when the two innocent witches met the famous group of Marauders no one could come between them, as they were inseparable.

Olivia lived to hear them stories on a nighttime before bed and wanted nothing more than to go to Hogwarts and have as much fun as her parents did. Only the longer she sat, the longer the young girl was beginning to think she would never get that special letter that made a young witch or wizards day. She had sat at the front door for over three hours and all that had come through the letterbox was that mornings edition of the The Daily Prophet and a few letters for her father from the Ministry of Magic.

In the kitchen her mother and father were having a hushed, heated discussion over their daughter and their growing concerns, "We can't just let her sit there all day Jackson!"

"What else do you expect me to do Mary? Pry the poor girl away from the door?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I want you to do for goodness sakes. She has a dance class in a hour and she hasn't eaten all day!" Mary whisper shouted, her too growing anxious about the whereabouts of her daughters Hogwarts letter.

"I don't know why you've got your wand in such a knot Mary when you and I both know she was automatically accepted into Hogwarts the day she was born." Jackson had reminded, his wife only glared at him in annoyance.

Mary sighed, bringing a hand up to her forehead, "Sirius was right, you really are a pansy when it comes to dealing with children."

Jackson scoffed, offended, "I am not."

"Aren't you?" His wife challenged.

"Merlins beard what's a man got to do around here nowadays to earn respect." He muttered to himself sarcastically while leaving the kitchen in pursuit of his daughter. He frowned, seeing her sat at the front door patiently, "Olivia, come on your lunch is ready, you've got a dance class soon, remember?" 

"But dad my letter." Olivia pouted, standing up and turning around.

Coming to her husbands aid as he stuttered, Mary arrived to save the day, "It'll be here when you get back, I promise. Come darling let's get you ready." Her mother reassured her daughter, holding out her hand for Olivia to take.

• • •

Later that very night Olivia returned to no Hogwarts letter, upset and disappointed she ran up into her bedroom and cried. Her parents felt her heartbreak just as much as she did and followed her up to comfort her with a couple of chocolate frogs and a homemade slice of pumpkin pie. They left their daughter for the night but instead of going to sleep she got up and tore a page of paper from her diary and grabbed a quill, writing a letter to her best friend.