02: Strike a Nerve

"Mr. Sharp must really hate your ass." Kimberly says as I put my books away in my locker. It's the end of the day and normally I would hang out with Kimberly and our other best friend, Tina but unfortunately I have a date...with detention.

"That's an understatement." I grumble "And he thinks that I'm lying about the fight in the halls like what the hell? Dude there is always fights in the school stop acting like it a surprise."

"Speaking of fights, did you see the fight during 5th period?" she asks looking excited.

"No, who was it this time?"

"It was between Tyrone and this new guy. I don't who he is but he was sexy as hell and get this: he won the fight!" she exclaims and I stop looking through my locker to turn towards her.

"He won?" I ask slowly. "There's no way, Tyrone has never lost a fight. Ever. He's like the biggest and creepiest guy in the school."

"I know which is why everyone was shocked. But I saw it with my own two eyes, the other guy knocked him the fuck out." She replies smiling.

"Um Kimberly why are you smiling?" I ask turning back to my locker.

"Oh I was just thinking about that new guy, damn if he was my boyfriend I'd never have to worry about anyone messing with me. Not to mention I could get a piece of that sexy ass." She grins wickedly and I can't help but laugh at her.

"Oh Kimberly, you always have sex on the mind don't you? You're worse than a guy." I say still smiling as I close my locker and swing my book bag on my shoulder.

"I can't help it, raging hormones and all that." She says shrugging.

"True but most people don't go around freely talking about their sex life." I say casually.

We start walking towards the room for detention and I start to zone out. I work most weekends in the mornings but I was going to stop by my job today to asks for more hours. With detention taking an hour out of my schedule, by time I get there my boss will probably be gone for the day.

"Oh my god it's him!" Kimberly says nudging me really hard with her elbow.

"Oww that hurt you skank." I say rubbing my arm.

"It's the hot guy I was talking about, he's in detention!" she says jumping up and down. "You should go talk to him and find out his story."

"Um no?" I say giving her a weird look. "I'm going now, but I'll call you later ok?"

"Ugh fine, see ya." She looks through the door and stares at the guy for a few moments until finally walking away.  

She's so weird. I turn around and walk into the class glancing quickly at the front of the room to see who the teacher in charge of detention is but surprisingly I don't recognize the teacher. I go up to the front of the room, sign in take a seat in the back of the class room.

"Alright guys, you know the rules." The teacher says kicking his feet up to the desk, taking out a worn copy of The Tempest. "No talking, no eating, blah blah blah. Just do your homework or something, and no one leaves until I say so."

Wow, what a role model.  I sigh and take out my notebook and start doodling idly. My phone starts vibrating and I quickly take it out, taking a quick glance at the teacher to make sure he's not looking and read:

Kimberly:  Did you look at him yet? Go look at him now and tell me you don't think he's the sexiest guy to come to this town!!

She's never going to give up on this is she?

Me: Fine I'll check him out now, hold up.

Sighing loudly I look up and search for this "mystery dude" and when I make eye contact with him, I swear my jaw practically hit the desk. This guy is...Hot! As in there's no way your single, your so out of my reach hot. He has dark brown eyes, a full head of black hair and definitely has the whole bad ass looking going on for him. I quickly take in his broad shoulders, strong jaw line and sexy biceps before meeting his eye again.

Wait, why are we staring at each other?

I want to look away but I don't want to look like one of those weak girls who can't look at a guy. So instead I go for sarcasm.  I quickly take a piece of paper and write down something and look back up holding the paper and smirking.

Is there a reason why you're staring at me newbie?

He reads it quickly, his lip turning in a half smile. Ugh, even his half smile makes looks downright sexy. He writes something down and shows it to me.

What's your name?

Okay, I wasn't expecting that. I guess telling him my name won't hurt.

Carmen. What's your name?

I'll tell you my name but you have to promise not to stalk me ;)

I narrow my eyes when I read that. Seriously?! Arrogant little...ok calm down Carmen, it's just a joke.

Wow, cocky aren't we? Don't worry I wouldn't waste my time stalking you. I actually have a life outside of this school.

Maybe that was a little mean but I can't help it. Arrogant douches bring out my bitchy side. Should've known someone that looked that good couldn't be a nice guy.

Aw did I strike a nerve? How about this: Since I know you want to stalk me, how about you show me around school tomorrow? That way you'll know my schedule and you can pretend not to care.

Ok there's no way I can be nice to this dick.

Or you can stop bothering me and we can both pretend that this little convo never happened. Btw, if you ever plan on making friends, much less getting a girlfriend you might want to work on your social skills.

When he reads it his smirk dampens a little and I can tell he's not used to people talking to him like that. Get used to it. Luckily before he can answer back the teacher slams his book down.

"Alright guys, you can go." Mr. unknown teacher says. "Do me a favor and don't come back ok?"

I roll my eyes, grab my bag and walk out of the class room. Being in school longer than necessary should be against the law I swear. I'm almost at the exit when I feel a hand press against mine. He presses something into my hand, our eyes never breaking contact and he slowly moves his hand from mine before walking out of the school.

I hate that with just one touch he has my heart racing and face flushed. I glance at my hand with the crumbled paper and slowly open it up.

Ok, fine you've convinced me. I'll meet you in front of the school at 7:20. Oh, and my name is Dean.

Dean. School just got a lot more interesting.

A/N: So what do we think of Dean? I have a feeling he's going to drive Carmen crazy haha. Do you guys like the story so far? Please vote and comment so I know people are actually reading this and I don't feel like a complete idiot for being slightly obsessed with these characters LOL