Chapter 8: Needles, Newspapers, and Ghosts Oh My!

Zara's P.O.V.

I wake up slowly, and annoyingly. I feel groggy and weightless, and not the good type. The room is bright, so I have to shield my eyes.

"Ow." I mumble as my eyes continue to burn.

"Zara!"

A hand touches my own, and I look to see who it is. "Ashton?"

He hugs me. I shudder. We never hug. "Oh my god Zara."

"Gerroff me." I gasp and he releases. Sun sun sunny sun sun. Ooh how I hate mornings. "Where am I?"

"The hospital. Someone found you on Fell's Avenue." He replies as he gives me a glass of water. It tastes like a cold liquid metal, and it causes me to gag.

"When do I go home?" I ask.

"This afternoon."

"Lovely." I rub my head. "Ow."

I sit there and complain about the situation until a nurse calls him out. After about ten minutes in hell, he returns and removes the blood dried, dirty hair out my eyes. "I have to go, but I'll be back before they release you. That okay?" I nod.

"Later princess." He says.

I roll my eyes. "Don't call me that."

"That's your name isn't it? Get used to it." He tells me.

And for those who don't know, my name Zara means princess.

And with that, evil Ashton Holmes has left the building. The nurse returns with a rolling tray thingy and pulls up to me.

"Okay sweetie I need you to relax." She says.

I look at the tray. I see something that makes me very uncomfortable. She picks up the object and removes the cap to tap on what's underneath.

Shit.

"So we're going to do one last test..." she starts, but I cut her off.

"I don't do needles."

"Miss Rose, it's just a syringe. It won't kill you." She smiles and takes my arm, which I jerk away.

"No." I scoot up in my bed, but as she heads closer to me I try to escape the bed. Two people come in to hold me down, me struggling to break free, screaming to get free. The needle is injected into my arm, and I slowly go under.

Damon's P.O.V.

I had no control. Since when have I, Damon Francesco Salvatore, ever lost control? I grab the scotch and jug it down. A few more glasses worth and I'll be drunk. Oh well. I hear the door open and Caroline and Jeremy storm in. Lovely.

" Barbie, Superboy, come on in." I groan.

Vampire Barbie shoves a newspaper in my face. The headline reads "Teen girl survives attack, blood thirsty animal returns to Mystic Falls." Seriously, who reads newspapers anymore?

"What the hell is this?" Caroline asks me in an accusing tone.

"It looks like a newspaper to me." I say, as if it's the most obvious thing.

Caroline smacks me on the back of the head."Shut up. I mean Zara! Why did you attack her?"

I shrug. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh really? Because according to Matt, you texted him saying you were ready to go when she left. Not to mention he saw you in the street waiting as he watched her leave." Damn is she pissed.

" Should you really be saying this in front of...." I start moving my head in Jeremy's direction.

"Well we don't have a choice now, since he found the almost doppelgänger in the middle of Fell's Avenue!"

"Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?" Jeremy butts in.

I clap a hand over the kid's shoulder. "Let's have a little chat."

Zara's P.O.V.

*Four crappy hours later*

"Come on Z, let's go." Preston says.

"Thank the lord!" I cheer and hop off the bed. I wobble, but my bro is there to catch me. We somehow make it to the car, and we slowly begin our drive home.

Jeremy's P.O.V.

I walk into the house, where Elena is sitting at the kitchen table, doing some homework. "Hey Jer, what's up?"

"Nothing much, just coming in. Why?" I ask nervously.

"Just wondering, do you work today?" She asks.

"Tomorrow." I reply and head upstairs, where I hide myself in my room. I think about when Uncle John got his fingers cut off by Katherine who he thought was Elena.

"Jeremy."

I look, he's back.

"We need to talk."

_______________________________________________________________________________

I'M STILL SEARCHING FOR SHIPPERS!!! Pic is of the leader of Operation Look Alike, Caroline Forbes. Soundtrack is Do Somethin' by Brittney Spears.