Chapter 5: Can I Take Your Order?

Er! Er! I slap the off button of my alarm clock. I check the time. It's six. Groan. I get out of bed and brush my wavy brown hair out. Across the hall I can hear Uncle Ashton trying to get Preston up. Good luck with that. I think as I head to the bathroom to shower. My phone is going crazy outside, which reminds me of last night, speaking of last night.....

He's outside. I pressed send and gave Pres a little shake as I undid our seat belts.

"Preston....." I softly said in a sing-song voice. " Wake up so Ashton can kill you..."

I saw the porch light turn on. I slapped Preston across the face, which him to wake up, though still drunk.

"Bubble. Trouble. Fish...." he slurred.

I watched Ashton race to the car and open the driver's door.

"What happened?" he asked.

"EV'RY BODY JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME!" My brother was double annoying drunk (if possible).

"You know what? I don't even want to know."He looked a mix of disappointed and down right mad. "Zara get in the house."

I looked back at Preston. "You sure?"

He nodded, so I slapped my brother one more time, then head back into the house. Ashton then took my place in the driver's seat and shut the door.

I got in the house and put my hair up. I was wiping the make up off my face when my phone rang. I checked it. It was Matt. I pressed talk and then on speaker.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Hey Zara. You make it home okay?"

"Yeah."

"And your brother?"

"Getting his head ripped off."

He laughs. It's a cute laugh.

"I think I might become an only child in a matter of seconds."

Another laugh. Score!

"So what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing much. Just watching t.v. So what did you think of that party?"

"Eh. It was okay. I never got around to actually party."

"Well you learned the ninja art of pool."

"True. Hey look, I have to go make sure no one dies okay? See you in school?"

"Yeah bye."

I hung up and checked up on the boys. Still talking, no bruises, no blood, no problem. I showered, wiped all the remaining gunk off my face, and went to bed.

Now back to today. I walk out of the shower and change. My phone goes crazy, it's Claire, my best friend from Grove Hill. I pick it up. "Hello?"

"ZARA!!!!!"

And we're screaming. That's Claire Richards for you. "Hi Claire."

"Ohmygod Z, we miss you so much! Bethany and I have been dying without you! How's Mystic Falls?" She rambles, not bothering to take in a breath.

"Okay, I think I've made a new friend." I say calmly.

"Who is she? Is she going to replace me and Beth?"

"Okay, his name is Matt Donovan, and nobody could replace your hyper personality."

"Good. Because I would Kill you Zara Meghan." She warns

"Whatever Claire Diane." I tease.

"WHAT THE HELL?" I hear through the wall

"Hey, Claire, I'l have to call you back. Preston's gone nuts."

"Later."

I rush into Preston's room and scream to him before walking out. I am going to need a social life in this town, so I head to the Grill. Damon and Matt are there, and Matt's......busting tables? Weird.....

Matt's P.O.V.

"Look who it is." Damon says, and I look over to the door. Zara's here looking as radiant as ever. God.

"You're drooling loverboy." Damon teases.

Zara waves to us and walks over. "Hi guys."

"Why hello Miss Zara." Damon flirts, and Zara giggles with a roll of her eyes. She's pretty.

"So whatcha doing here?" I ask.

"Nothing much, just searching for a social life." she jokes. She searches her purse. "And maybe a job. I'm broke."

"Oh, well we're looking for a new server if you're intrested." I say.

"You're kidding."

"Nope. You can start on Monday."

"Wow, thanks."

"Uh, I get off in ten if you want to play some pool."

"Yeah sure, I'd love to actually play." Her phone suddenly goes off. She softly growls. "I'm sorry, I have to take this, but I'll be done soon. I promise." She presses a button and walks away, talking to the phone about how to control her brother.

"Smooth busboy." Damon says when Zara's out of earshot.

"What?"

"You gave her a part time job in the school's biggest hang out, not to mention where Miss Gilbert herself comes everyday." Damon hisses at me.

Oops.

________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, so I made this a new chapter. First flashback and Zara gets a job. Woohoo! Sountrack: Just Can't get Enough by BEP Picture: Claire Richards played by Abigail Breslin (Who hasn't appeared yet, except through a phone call). I just realized something funny! Zara's name ends with an a (like Elena), had a baby brother (like Elena), has a blonde best friend that begins with a C (like Elena), and a brunette best friend that begins with a B (like Elena) This was 100% unintentional. Also, from now on, all links will be posted in the comments box. Now question, who is your favorite character so far? Be honest. If you don't like any of them or if you think I'm not displaying a character correctly, please feel free to tell me, so I can quickly change that. Enjoy!