Chapter 7: Bloodloss

Ashton's P.O.V.

An hour after I tell Zara to come home she's still not here. I call The Grill, who say she went home with Matt Donovan, a busboy she's been seen around lately. I knew he was a good kid. I find his family's number call him up.

"Hello?"

"Hi, this is Ashton Holmes, Zara's uncle." I say, sounding all parental.

His voice becomes tense."Hi."

"Um, would you happen to know where Zara might be?" I ask, suddenly becoming nervous.

"Uh, sorry. She went home about an hour ago." he replies.

"Okay, but would you know anybody else she would be friends with?"

"Um." He pauses to think. "I know she hangs out with Bonnie Bennett and Caroline Forbes sometimes."

"Thanks."

We hang up, and I call Bonnie Bennett and Caroline Forbes. No word on Zara's whereabouts. I finally decide to call the cops. God, not even two weeks as a parent and I've already lost a kid. Diana made this look so easy.

Jeremy's P.O.V.

I'm driving down Fell's Avenue after a fight with Stefan about Elena's safety when I hear my phone go off. I look to see it's Elena calling. I press ignore and turn back to driving. There's someone crumbled up in the middle of the street. I screech the car to a stop and jump out to race to the person. She stirs slowly in pain as I shake her shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Her face peeks out of her hair to reveal someone with a terror stricken expression.

Elena.

It's not Elena, but her face has some of her features. She looks about my age with high cheekbones. Her hair is brown with blue strips on the front, but dried red with blood at some places. She reaches her hand and puts it to her neck as she winces with pain. "Ow!" When she removes her hand, blood covers it. I remove the hair from the side of her neck. Two puncture marks, with blood pouring out of them.

A vampire bite.

I dial 911 and wait with her until the ambulance comes. I ask her question after question, but she only replies when I ask her for her name. " Zara. Zara Rose."

The ambulance comes and takes Zara away. They ask me a few questions, but I just answer the ones about finding her and her name.

"Well thank you kid, by the looks of it, she lost a lot of blood. Sh could have been dead if you hadn't found her." And with that, the paramedics are gone.

I freak out and begin to dial Damon's number.

"Jeremy."

I look to see who's calling me.

John Gilbert.

_________________________________________________________________________

OOH!!!!!! I've done it again. Looks like the "Secret Circle" (hehehe L.J. Smith reference) can't keep Zara a secret can they? Anyway, I AM LOOKING FOR SHIPPERS FOR THIS STORY!!! I just want to see if anybody's shipping my characters and who they want to see with who. Real VD pairings are fine. I just noticed, Elena is not in this chapter again, and that It's from two different non-Zara P.O.V.s this round, and that this one picks up exactly where it left off. Hope you like it. Soundtrack is Goodbye by Kristina Debarge and the picture is of Steven R. McQueen (feel free to stare at his sexy-ness, I will)

Quotes:

Ashton: "Parent of the year I am."

Matt: "ZARA!!!!"

Bonnie: "Um....."

Caroline: "Zara being hidden is for Elena's safety."

Elena: No quote

Zara: "OW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Jeremy: "I'm with Bonnie on this one."

Stefan: Same as Elena

Damon: "Got a secret, can you keep it?"