Chapter 4: They Came To Party, We Came To Get Answers

Caroline's P.O.V.

After school Matt, Bonnie, and Damon all meet at my house to talk. We tell Damon about Zara, creeped out as hell. Damon doesn't believe what he is hearing.

"Okay, so let me get this straight.The new girl at your school looks almost exactly like Elena-" Damon began

"Except with perfect cheekbones." Matt interupted.

"Except with perfect cheekbones, and that she's a junior. She's a little shorter than Elena, and she may or may not be emo?" He says. "Yeah, she sounds like Elena's twin."

"Oh shut up." Bonnie says, then Matt takes out his phone, which shows a pic of Zara giving a death glare to the cute boy that we met at the Grill yesterday.

"Now tell me that doesn't look a bit like Elena Gilbert." he says.

I'm a little nervous because of Matt. "How did you get that?"

"I took when she went to tell off her brother. I had a feeling no one would believe us."

Damon takes the phone from Matt's hand and stares at the picture. He stares at Zara for a few minutes, and a silence is created. A few minutes pass and he's still studying her face. I finally break the silence and ask, "Do you think that she's a doppelgänger?"

"No, the new girl would have to be identical to Elena. Almost like an identical twin." He says.

I quickly stretch my legs. "Well tonight I'm throwing a party at the Grill tonight, and she's gonna be there. We are not going to tell Jeremy, Alaric, Stefan, or Tyler. We are also blowing off witch sites and sending Elena and Jeremy instead. If anybody asks, Bonnie had a breakdown, Matt was caught up at work, I'm helping Bonnie, and Damon you can make up your own excuse. We also discovered that it has something about the Petrova doppelgänger, hence having Elena go. And Jeremy was threatened, so we thought it would be best for him to go."

Everybody stares at me. "What?"

"That's really thought out." Matt says.

"Yeah, who knew that Blondie had a brain?" Damon quips, and I throw a pillow at him.

"So why can't we tell Stefan, Ric, or Jeremy?" Bonnie questions.

"Because, Alaric and Jeremy are Elena's family. And Stefan is her boyfriend. None of them can keep secrets from her. And if they know, she knows, and if she knows, bad things are bound to happen.Remember when she met Katherine? " I declare.

"And what would you do if I....just happened to, I don't know,already told Jeremy?" Bonnie asks.

"I'll rip your head off and hang it on my wall."

She quickly takes out her phone and types a few things.

"You witch."

Bonnie lifts her head up and hides her phone. She shuffles closer to Damon. "Look, I didn't tell him much! And I texted him back saying never mind, and to go with Stefan and Alaric."

I calm down. "Okay, so I'll tell Elena to tell us when they've left." I call her and tell her everything (that we made up and she totally understands. I tell her to text me when she leaves.

Half an hour later, she replies.

"Operation Look-Alike officially starts now."

Tyler's P.O.V.

I walk into my house after practice where Rebekah is on the stairs waiting for me.

"You're home late." She says.