You are the reason

When Sting, Rogue and the exceeds got there they did find Minerva. Sting was worried about Y/N and immediately left the scene to find her. Rogue followed and Erza agreed to watch Minerva. When they fully managed to track down Y/N she was with Natsu.

They were not alone though, Mard Geer was there as well with the Dragneels. Sting and Rogue stepped in, offering to take the guy down with them.

"It's fine but I wanna go with this guy one on one!" Natsu said

"ARE YOU FOR REAL?!" Sting, Rogue and Y/N shouted

"Natsu are you kidding?! Why would you want to fight someone as strong as him alone you idiot!" Y/N said, hitting him across the head

"Eh, whatever it's fine. But, I bet you that Rogue and I can defeat him first." Sting said, smirking

"Sting no don't encourage him!" Y/N whined

"Let's go!" Rogue said and the three of them already left the pit to fight the demon. Y/N sighed and mumbled, 'boys..' before heading up with them.

"Alright I got you!!!!" Y/N said, lunging towards Mard Geer, dodging his huge vines and hitting him across the face with a flame engulfed fist

'Power upgrade much! Hot.' Sting thought with wide eyes

"Hey sexy don't get too carried away, we all want to kick his ass." Sting said to Y/N. She blushed a deep red and Natsu glared at Sting.

'Sexy?! Over my dead body will he get away with that, ha!' Y/N thought

"You humans and your pet names. It's really entertaining sometimes." Mard Geer said, hitting Y/N and the three other dragon slayers with his vine.

"Now lets make this quick, shall we? Come out now, Jimena."

"Jimena?!" Sting and Rogue shouted

• • •

Never in Y/N's wildest dreams did she ever think she would see Igneel again. She did see him with Natsu. It was really nice to talk with him after years of not seeing him. Until she saw him die by the hands of Acnologia.

A single tear went out of her eye when she saw him fall out of the sky and crash onto the ground.

'You promised you would tell Natsu and I why you left..!' Y/N thought in misery

Sting came up behind Y/N, about to hug her but paused when he saw the fire dragon falling out of the sky.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." He said, Y/N turned around and hugged him tightly. She silently cried into his chest while wishing this wasn't real.

"Shh it's okay, I'm here for you." Sting said, smiling lightly. When Sting touched her shoulders he realized that she was absolutely freezing.

"Y/N you're really cold. We need to get you back to Fairy Tail." Sting said, picking her up

"No!! I need to see Igneel!" Y/N said, trying to get out of Sting's grasp. However, he only held her tighter.

"Y/N you will die of hyperthermia if you stay out here any longer." Sting responded sternly, holding her close to him so she can warm up before sprinting away from the sight.

"Igneel! Igneel!" Y/N yelled, looking over Sting's shoulder to her dad.

Sting kissed Y/N's head, "I'm sorry Y/N I would let you see him but your body is so cold. Plus, would he want you to die too?"

Y/N's eyes widened and she shook her head. Sting smiled slightly and gently kissed her head again. Y/N felt very warm and cozy in Sting's arms. She felt her eyes get heavier and heavier as she listened to Stings heart beat.

• • •

When Sting got to the Fairy Tail guild, Levy immediately made a fire with her script magic to keep Y/N warm. Sting sat beside the sleeping girl who was wrapped in layers of blankets on the floor. It was so quiet in the guild that he could hear her light breathing.

He brushed her hair out of her face and smiled at her sleeping face.

"Wanna know something I just realized?" Cobra said to Jellal

"What?" Jellal asked

"All of the Dragneels have things for blondes." Cobra responded

"Holy shit you're right." Jellal said