Ino Sai

*YESTERDAY*

Ino was nervous. Sai had called her saying that he had wanted to talk. It was very strange for her. Sai had never wanted to talk in private. What did he want? Ino couldn't be that he was going on a mission. He had just got back. So maybe it was that he got a girlfriend. No, that's impossible. He still even now couldn't figure out his feelings for the opposite sex. 

 Ino sighed. She was so confused. She loved Sai. She knew she did. This feeling she had for him was just too powerful for her not too. It was so different than what she had felt for Sasuke. Her love for Sai was a new feeling. Something she had never felt before.  Something that just seemed to make her want to pull him close to her and teach him what love was about. How she truly felt about him. 

Ino leaned back and stared up at the sky. She was deep in thought when Sai reached the top of the hill. He noticed that she hadn't turned around when he approached. This confused him. He had been trained as one of the top ninja in the Leaf village. He could track down any man, woman, or child. It was his job. 

Yet, here he was wondering what was going across this beautiful girl's mind. He couldn't keep her strange eyes out of his mind. He couldn't help but want to kiss her every time he was near her, but when he felt like pressing his lips against hers, he got scared.

He didn't know if what he was feeling was love, or just some infatuation. But he did know that he couldn't - no wouldn't - live without her. He wanted to have her in his life forever. Even if it meant that he would have to do something drastic to get it to happen. 

Sai reached into his pocket and fingered the little black velvet box in his pocket. He had a big long speech perpared for when he proposed and he had already asked her parents permission for her hand. ( He read in a book that this was the proper way to ask a girl to marry you. Proposal 102: Made for idiots. By idiots. ) 

But all this seemed to slip his mind as he watched her small delicate hands brush against her face.

"I-Ino. I uh, I have something to tell, well, ask you?" his statement came out sounding like a question and even a little dorky. Sai's finger immediately came up to scratch his face. He felt so nervous. What if she said no? What would he do then?

Ino blushed upon hearing Sai's voice. She noticed he had changed his clothing to something a bit more formal. He wore a pleasant suit that fit him quite nicely. "Well what is it then?" she asked him. 

That's when Sai got down on one knee and brought the little box that held the ring into the open. "Ino will you, please, be my wife and make me the happiest man in the world. I want you to help me discover all these feelings locked away deep inside of me. I think what I feel is love. And I want to ask you if you love me too? And if you do to please allow me to put this small ring onto your hand."

Ino squealed and blushed before tackling Sai to the ground and kissing him. Her mouth pressed tightly against his. He gasped against her lips. This made Ino want to contiue even more than before, but she pulled back and whipsered, "Yes.