Afraid To Be [e]

Yugo 

As I held Amalia in my arms, the weight of reality crashed in. I couldn't be with her. I would lose her. Time flies for her as I live an eternity. Qilby was right. Everyone I love will die while I can do nothing but watch. All I can do is wish her a happy life.

I won't let her suffer like I do. I love her. I carefully released her from my grip to see her smile.
That's one thing I would love to wake up to. Before I can stop it, a tear rolls down my cheek. Her smile fades to concern. "What's wrong?" she asks, hands gently cupping my face.

I clench my jaw and look away. "It's...nothing." My world felt like it was tearing in two. I fall to my knees, despair overtaking me. A sob escapes me, and out of the corner of my eye I see Amalia hovering nervously over me. I never realized...."Yugo?! Are you hurt? What's wrong, are you okay??" No, I wanted to say. I'm far from okay.

"I don't want to lose you... that's my greatest fear," I admit quietly, tears streaming down my face. She gives an attempt at a comforting smile. "What do you mean? You will never lose me, silly..." She sighs softly. "I will always be with you even when I'm gone..." Then I saw her start to cry, her emotions also getting the better of her. 

I hated when she was upset. All of my actions always hurt her. From me crying, to me leading her on..  to me creating Oropo who actually hurt her...the kiss...everything.

"Don't cry..." I beg of her, pulling her back into an embrace.

I silently curse myself. Why did I have to ruin her smile again?