Escaping the Darkness (part 2)

I listened to this when I wrote this chapter. It gave me the idea for the last point of view, Annabeth's.

Annabeth's POV

The last chapter: I turned around but didn't seem to notice the dark shadow figure behind me. When I finally noticed I saw...

Tartarus.

He smiled at me like we were friends that hadn't seen each other in a long time. I backed up. Riptide couldn't help me now. Even if I got it I would be out of time.

Tartarus continued to smile at me. His dark sword dragging behind him. I was already becoming ready for my death

"It is so good to see you, daughter of Athena. Look at you all independent ready to take death with open arms. Too bad you can't see that lover of your in the Underworld." He smirked at me evilly.

Then I heard someone yell, "It's Annabeth and Tartarus!"

He was ready to kill me even if he had lost the war. Then something happened. I heard many gasps. I saw a huge wave of water surrounding everyone. There was was a rumble of thunder and the clouds turn grey with water.

Percy's POV

I opened my eyes. I wasn't in darkness anymore. There was a dark blue sky above me. There was also a glass top surrounding me. I looked around me. I was in some kind of tomb you would find in Snow White. Then I noticed something.

Riptide was sitting on this thing I had around me.

There was also a girl white blond princes' curls and deep tan. The girl had an orange shirt on with jean shorts. There was armor on the girl like she was in a war. 

There was a shadowy figure in front of the girl. I couldn't make out who it was thought. They were talking though.

  "It is so good to see you, daughter of Athena. Look at you all independent ready to take death with open arms. Too bad you can't see that lover of your in the Underworld." Said shadowy figure in front of the girl, I think it was a man. 

 I looked the other way and saw Artemis and Hestia. They looked on at the two who were fighting in worry.

Then Artemis caught my eyes. I saw her nudge Hestia. She over at me and mouthed something. I shook my head to her telling her I didn't understand. She mouthed it again but this time she yelled it.

"It's Annabeth and Tartarus!"

I looked back over and something clicked. I felt myself getting angry. How could this happen? She could fight Tartarus. He's  strong, even for her.

I felt the all to familiar tug in my gut. The saw the water building up around everyone. The clouds grew gray.

My hand shot out and broke the glass that I had been encased in. I grabbed Riptide. I ignored the gasps behind me. I threw it straight at Tartarus, cutting him off from his next moves.

Annabeth turned around when she saw the sword thrown at him. She stared wide-eyed at me. I could see the tears starting to come from her eyes.

I turned my attention to Tartarus. He scowled at me. I stuck my hand out and Riptide returned to me from me using water to make it travel back to me. Tartarus took out his sword lazily. 

"So the great Percy Jackson is back. I wonder how. Did you even die?"  Tartus asked.

I  could tell he was trying to make me nervous. I wasn't nervous though. He had threatened my Wise Girl. That could not stand, not when I had finally just come back to her and this world.

"You actually think Gaea could get rid of me. It's going to take a lot more to do that!" I yelled at him.

Then I took the first attack. He didn't expect that I would make the first move. w started striking each other with as much force as we could muster. I was having trouble. My body hadn't moved for so long. I was stiff and cramp. 

Finally, I saw an opening. I took it and did the move Luke first taught me. The move that started it all. The move that would finish it all. Tartarus had underestimated me. Even after I had come back from being dead and faded.

I caught him off guard with this. I sent his sword to the ground, then I kicked at his feet. He was knocked to the ground. I put my sword to his neck and foot on his chest. 

" It's time for you to go with Gaea. We won't miss you." With that said, I cut his neck. It killed him instantly. I then focused my powers to were I remember the doors of Hades were. I destroyed it. It caused him to have no were to reform and his soul was put into the Void, the realm of the faded.

I turned to Annabeth. She had her hand in front of her mouth. Then It seemed like she realized that I was really her.

She glared at me. The ran at me. Tackling me in a hug and not letting go. I could feel her tears on my shirt.

I hugged her back. It seemed like we were in our own little world.

Annabeth's POV

I hugged him as tight as I could. I was afraid he would leave me again.

"I love you," I told him. I looked up at him. His tan had come back and his eyes once again shined.

" We were kids when we fell in love and we still love each other. Even after everything. I love you, Annabeth Chase." He said back to me with a dreamy expression.

I leaned up to kiss in for the first time in a long time.

Thank you for reading. Go check out my other stories. Yes, this is the end and there will be no other story to go on after this unlike some other of my stories. Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving.