Chapter 9

Bree's point of view

Okay, I have to admit, Alex's starting to be acting a bit weird. Well, not weird, but a bit...how should I put this...aggressive. 4 weeks after she was allowed to go to North Hills again has been a bit rough. Now here I was, standing with Conner, staring at the wreckage. I thought it must have done something by Alex. I didn't want to believe it, so does Conner. But I'm getting a bit ahead with the story, so let's go back a bit....

.......

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

My alarm clock rang at 5:50, telling me to go to school. Normally, that would be to early to wake up, since school doesn't start till 6:55, but me and my 16-year-old sister, Amanda, walk with Conner and Alex, who lives about 2 blocks away from us. As usual, I dragged myself out of my comfy bed and changed into my green and black uniform. I grabbed my backpack and went down stairs. Already, Amanda was downstairs, waiting for me.

"How are you already awake and ready to go?" I asked sleepily, rubbing my eyes.

"There's a reason our parents call me, "The early bird." she said, grabbing her pack."Come on Bree, let's go to your lover's house."

I blushed. "He's my boyfriend, not my lover." I grumbled. 

"Same thing." she said, smirking. Amanda's such a jerk.

Outside the neighborhood, my sister has her headphones on, listening to music, While I just walked straight on. We stayed silent for, a moment then Amanda spoke up.

"So...how's your friend Alex doing?"

I stayed silent for a moment. I didn't know how to answer that, so I just said, "She's doing fine."

Oh like heck yeah she's fine, I thought miserably.  Not only is she in a bad mood, but she's also usually grumpy and mad at us for some reason. Conner told me that he had a déja vu moment, back when they were in the fairy tale world, hunting for their Uncle Lloyd. He told me that whenever she got frustrated, she would get like, really mad. Anyhow, when we walked for a couple of minutes till we arrived at our destination.  Me and Amanda walked to the steps and rang the doorbell. Nobody answered. I rang the doorbell again. 2 minutes of waiting, Conner answered the door. He was still in his pajamas, and he looked like he just woke up.(which he did, of course.)

"Oh, hey guys," he murmured sleepily, bags under his eyes.

"Why didn't you answer the door?" asked Amanda, hands on her hips.

You should know that he always wakes up late and would be late for school if we don't visit his house everyday, I thought as we walked inside the house.

"Oh sorry about that guys," he said taking a seat on the couch "Mom and Bob had to work day shifts, so usually nobody wakes me up except Alex."

I looked around, but I didn't see her anywhere. "Where's your sister anyways?" I said, confused.

He frowned. "That's the confusing part. I expected her to walk in my room and blast my ears off, but today she wasn't in the house. Maybe she went to school a bit early."

"What? That's crazy!" I said in disbelief. "If she wakes up 35 minutes earlier than you and goes to school, it would be 5:40! That's way to early to go and North Hills doesn't open until 6:25."

"Yeah maybe" he said, taking a bite of waffles. 

I gritted my teeth. First, Alex had the "incident", then she would always get angry at us, now this. Part of me wanted to know that she would suddenly get evil, but that would only be foolish and worry Conner. The other part of me wanted to barge out of the house and run to school to see if Alex was here, but that would be a waste of time. I looked at my fitbit. It was already 6:40. We should go know.

"Hey guys," I said standing up "Time for school." I sounded just like my mom.

"Just one thing though Conner" said Amanda, walking over to the table to get a waffle.

"What?" he said a bit defensively.

"Change into your uniform bud," she said, pointing at him "You're still in you pajamas.