Help

The uniform felt so unfamiliar. It felt too warm. Too protective. Now surrounded by fire she couldn't feel the heat of it. All she could feel was the uncomfortable material of the fire resistant suit sticking to her warm skin. 

Instead of feeling one with her suit like usual she instead felt at home in the fire. 

Like usual Rowan was the first to rush into the fire, never having been scared of the danger of the flames. But this time when she rushed in first she knew that the fire would have no affect on her. 

That was until a flash came through the building and put the fire out in the snap of her fingers. 

Rowan stood in the middle of the smoldering building, her hands still tightly wrapped around her equipment. She swears under her breath, turning to leave the building when the blur returns, stopping right in front of her.

"Rowan?"

Not meeting his eyes, Rowan nods, "Hey Barry."

"I thought you were leaving."

She bites her lip, wiping at the visor of her helmet, "An important part of being a vigilante is having control. I can't continue my work until I have that."

"So you're staying?" He asks, his eyes hopeful.

She finally looks at him, her gaze hard. "This doesn't mean I forgive you or trust the folks at S.T.A.R. labs. But I'm willing to try."

Barry jumps into the air. She just smile, shaking her head. "Well lets go!" Barry moves to wrap his arms around her, but she leaps away. Her heart racing, and eyes wide.

Being gone for so long she wasn't used to friendly contact. And honestly it scared her when someone moved at her suddenly. 

She wasn't in good places while she was gone. 

"I have to go into work first. Uhm- I'll see- I'll come by in a bit." 

Barry nods, watching her guarded stance. He didn't know where she was while she was gone. All he knew was that she was looking for her father and from what he had heard from Oliver and Felicity- her father wasn't the type to be hiding in a nice place like Hawaii. 

It was obvious she had been through a lot during her time away. And now that she had decided to stay he didn't want her to leave because of something he did. 

"Okay. Um- come by around two?"

She nods, already beginning to head down the stairs. "I'll see you then Barry. Just as Rowan. Don't tell them about Phoenix."

He had to pause for a moment. He didn't get why she didn't want them to know about her vigilante persona. But then again she barely told him. The people at S.T.A.R. labs were meant to help her though. She owed it to them to tell the full truth. 

But it was her secret and he would obey her wishes. If only to keep her around for a little longer. 

"Sure thing Ro."

He leaves after that, Rowan releasing a sigh. She didn't want to go to Barry's friends at the lab. But she also needed help. She couldn't control her powers and if they could help, she needed to do it. 

Later that evening Rowan returned to Barry's apartment, meeting him in the lobby of his building. Barry was in casual clothes, a dark blue button down and jeans. Rowan was wearing a tank top and shorts despite the cold weather. Barry raises his eyebrows, looking over my clothing choice. 

"Are you going to be warm enough?"

"I'm overheating."

Barry opens his arms, waiting for her to approach him. She quirks her head, questioning his actions. "It'll be faster if I carry you."