Just A Kiss On Your Lips

I cannot stop thinking bout the kiss. I felt really...weird. Somewhat...girly and a thousand emotions are confusing me. I can’t like this girl. She’ll leave me soon. I don’t ever want her to leave though...God Greyson snap outta this. It’s getting awkwardly silent. But good thing Ira is flicking random food items on me. Messy kid. “So what movie shall we catch?” I ask her. “How the hell would I know about what’s screening?” She replies to me as she flicks popcorn right in my hair. “Score!” she says. I just smile. There’s a feeling in my stomach, and I feel a bit tense.  The feeling was indescribable. I mean if I liked her, I’d know the feeling. I’ve had girlfriends before. But this feeling is...rather different. I keep thinking of her and her eyes and her smile and … STOP IT GREYSON. I say that out loud. And Ira’s like staring at me like I’m a mad cow. Uh, remembering a nightmare. Yeah. Oh anyway, we’re here,” I say sheepishly as we get out of the limo. We walk towards the theatre in some random mall we get dropped off at. Ira’s telling her brother that she’d be coming home late. Like 1 am late. He say it’s fine and tells her to have a good time. Which shocks both of us. “I guess all these years he’s hidden his nice guy side,” she smiles. I’m kind of glad her brother left her with something to say. It’s getting so awkward. We finally get to the theatre to get our tickets and popcorn. Ira looks uneasy. Man, my silence’s making her uneasy. I poke her and tickle her as we wait for the person to issue us our tickets to The Avengers. Suddenly I see flashes. I knew it. The paparazzi. Ira senses my worry and she says, “Do you want me to go ahead first? You could come later. Or I could take a picture with you to make it seem like it’s a first time meeting and I’m just a fangirl.” Wow. She can read my mind and she’s so genuine. “Alright little miss fangirl,” I say. I hope I am not hurting her feelings. After taking a picture and asking me to sign her arm, I ask her what movie she’s watching loud enough to make sure it went to the paparazzi’s ears. “The Avengers!” She says brightly. I ask, “Wow really? I’m watching that too. Shall we go in together?” She squeals like a fangirl and says yes enthusiastically. We then walk into the theatre with a huge distance between us. But I wanted to walk close by her... Ok, enough with the lovey dovey thoughts.

* * *

“Was my acting awesome or was it awesome?” smirks Ira. “That’s just one option so either way I’ll compliment you.” I retort. “Eggxactly” She says. I giggle. I think that sounded kinda cute. She stuffs her mouth with popcorn even before the movie starts.  Well, she’s not afraid to be herself at all. I look at her. Her eyes are shining from the reflection of the movie. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her like this before.

I suddenly release a breath that I didn’t realise I was holding. She just captures people’s breath like that.

Ira suddenly turns and catches me staring at her. “Dude don’t look at my popcorn. Eat your own one.” She says. I giggle. She is one funny girl.

                                                   *                       *                      *

I have no idea why NYC popcorn tastes so dang good. Maybe they put extra butter or something...Then I catch Greyson staring at me. I don’t even know why. I bet it’s because I’m finishing my popcorn too fast. Can’t blame a girl with a good appetite. The movie starts and it’s good. At one scene when I notice Hulk is staring at Black Widow through the railings like some psycho creepy stalker, I freak and lean towards Greyson. Genuine accident. No flirtation here. He just giggle. He’s girly and gentle compared to me. Or am I just too tough? Oh well. We keep watching the movie happily with no one disturbing us or taking pictures of Greyson. My acting skills put them right off their nosey little ‘Stalk Greyson and get him into trouble while his fans kill this girl with him’ plan. Halfway into the movie, Greyson is staring at me again. This time I have no popcorn. I think it’s a staring game so I stare back and slowly steal his popcorn. He just giggle and says, “You’re really genuine. I want a girl just like you. Great self esteem, confident, no makeup or whatsoever and just... real.” I have no idea how to react to that. I just say, “I’m cool like that.” And I stare into his eyes a second too long. Before either of us knew what is happening, he’s kissing me. Smack on the lips. And I am midway with chewing my popcorn. How embarrassing. My first actual kiss with no accident or whatever. And it’s with Greyson and popcorn. Wow. He pulls away from my face and my popcorn is gone. “Okay I swear I had a popcorn in my mouth,” I say. “You probably swallowed it whole,” he says as his cheeks turned from pale to bloody red. I feel so warm around my face. And my heart is beating so fast. Oh gosh why did he kiss me. Now my feelings for him are confirmed. I do like him. A lot. Too much. Greyson then tries a move on me and put his arm around my shoulder. And I blurt out, “Really?That move?” And he looks at me shocked. “I’m sorry it wasn’t too flattering for the orange queen,” he winks and giggles. God he is cute. And so warm. It feels...right to be in his arm, by his side. Damn, I can’t have these feelings. No. He’s a celeb. And I’m...me....