Chapter 3 (A Sunset Shared By Two)

“Skye, Dylan’s here!” shouted Ethan as he opened the door for Dylan.

 “Tell him I’ll be down in a minute!” shouted Skye from upstairs.

“Okay!” Ethan replied.

Skye soon came down stairs to find Dylan waiting for her. He was wearing her favourite hat, the purple one he saw in a shop but didn’t have the money to buy, so the next day Skye had went and brought it for him as a present.

“Hey gorgeous.” Dylan whispered because Skye’s mum was lingering around.

“Mum, I’ll be home around dinner time! Bye!” Skye shouted to get her mums attention.

“Bye honey, have fun!” her mum replied.

“Bye E Love you.” Skye told Ethan as she planted a kiss on Ethan’s cheek.

The weather was getting warmer day by day. Summer had finally arrived all she and Dylan could do was go and watch a movie or go bowling or just hang around his place. Now that summer was here they could go to the park or go for long walks or just stay outside for all she cared all that counts was that she was with Dylan, the best boyfriend in the world. They walked slowly down the road.

“So, where do you want to go?” asked Dylan waiting for Skye’s reply.

“Let’s go to the park.”

“Do you know something?” asked Dylan with a little smirk.

“I won’t know if you won’t tell me.” Skye said with a smirk of her own.

“I hate going to the park.” said Dylan as he started walking backwards in front of Skye grabbing both her hands and making her look at him.

“Why?” said Skye feeling puzzled, as he’d never told her that before even when they used to go almost every day last summer.

“Because when you dress up and look hot like you are now I get paranoid, I keep thinking everyone’s looking at my girl. I don’t want any competition.” whispered Dylan as he stopped and grabbed Skye at her waist, which made Skye blush.

“No one else looks at me.” Whispered Skye as she felt herself blush even more.

“Well you’ll just have to prove it.” Dylan said as he looked Skye in the eyes.

“How?” asked Skye.

With no answer Dylan leaned in for a kiss. But before he could kiss her she ran and he chased her all the way to the park, which wasn’t far. At last he grabbed her.

“Okay, you got me...” said Skye sounding out of breath.

“Well now you're gonna get punished for running!” said Dylan also sounding out of breath.

They walked up to a tree and sat in the shade of the tree. Dylan was leaning on the tree with his back with an arm around Skye who was leaning on Dylan. They sat there for ages as they watched the sunset. The view was amazing from where they were sitting and they would sit on that spot every summer watching time pass them by. Skye loved being in Dylan’s arms. She felt like the safest girl alive, just sitting there knowing he was with her and would always be. She could just close her eyes and fall asleep knowing no harm could come her way, ever. Dylan was the kind of boy who’d never complain and was as loyal as a cute little puppy. That’s what Skye saw him as a cute loyal puppy. On the other hand Dylan saw Skye as an angel. An angel with long flowing naturally curly hair, adorable little dimples, beautiful Mediterranean blue eyes and a figure every girl would die for. That’s what Dylan thought of her everything more but nothing less.

“So, the holidays are coming up, you got any plans?” Dylan asked as he ran his fingers down Skye’s hair.

“Depends, me and k might be going to a party.” Said Skye casually.

“Who’s party cos I might be going to one too?”

“Oh, you know Stacy’s.”

“Yeah, her boyfriend Darren invited me apparently it’s gonna be in a beach house.” Said Dylan sounding excited.

“Cool! We’ll go together if I get invited that is.” Says Skye realising she hadn’t been invited yet.

“I think we’d better get going, it’s getting late, and dad should be home by now.”