Chapter 1 (Dear Diary, life is boring...)

She stepped out of the door taking in the fresh afternoon summer’s air this was not what she expected when she wanted something different, something unexpected and something unusual to happen in her boring life. This surprise was surely different, unexpected and unusual for all wrong reason. She could remember telling Ethan that she wanted something exciting and scary to happen in her life, but if she knew, he was on his way she would never have wished for any such thing to happen...

“Skye!, Wake up it’s gone past seven...” announced her mum as she tossed and turned hoping her mum would step out of her room for at least another five minutes.

“You’re going be late for school!” her mum shouted as she left the room.

The second her mum left the room Skye covered her head with her bed covers hoping her mother wouldn’t come back into the room. Just then her sister came into the singing the new cover drive song. Although Skye’s sister was three years younger than she was, she acted as if she was the same age as their mum.

“Skye, mum’s going to come back in about 2 minutes and she told me she’s gone to get a jug of water. And I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t want to be woken up with a cold shower in bed.” Said Ruby.

Skye threw the pillow she was lying on at Ruby.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhrggg! Mum Skye threw her pillow at me!” screamed Ruby as she ran to find her mum.

Skye now knowing she couldn’t battle her way out of this one, got up and headed for her bathroom. Normally Skye wouldn’t make a fuss about getting up in the morning but something made her want to do things differently. She was fed up of her life being so predictable and boring. Skye Bell aged 15 years old. One sister, Ruby Bell, 12 years old and one brother, Ethan Bell, 10 years old. Mum, Amy King, 32 years old and Dad, Nathan Bell, 36 years old. Live in a house in London. In year 10, has a boyfriend, Dylan Price, 16 years old. Best friend Katy Price, 14 years old, Dylan’s sister. BORING! BORING! BORING! She needed a bit of fun. She needed something different. However, just not what she would get.

She came out of the bathroom wearing a fashion crisis of an outfit, her school uniform.

“Come down stairs baby or you won’t have time for breakfast!” shouted her dad, as he was the one on breakfast duty today.

“I’ve made your favourite baby, waffles with maple syrup. Come down quick their getting cold.” “Coming dad!”

She loved her dad more than her mum, more than her sister and even more then her brother who Skye loved because he was the only down to earth person in Skye’s family, but her dad was the best of all. Better than any other dad in the world. No one could take her dads place and no one would. She went down stairs as fast as she could. She didn’t want to miss the chance to eat her dad’s famous waffles. Ruby and Ethan were ready by the time Skye had finished her breakfast and her dad had got the car started. Therefore, the family set of on their daily routines.

By the time Skye’s dad dropped her and Ruby off to school it was eight thirty and as usual Dylan was waiting for her at the school gates.

“Morning Gorgeous.” Dylan said, with a smile that could melt ice.

His smile was what Skye loved about Dylan. He was the best boyfriend any girl could ever want. He was sweet, caring and faithful. He promised her would never leave her side. And it was true Dylan and Skye were inseparable. They’d been together for over a year and they had known each other for nursery. When she reached him he grabbed her into a kiss that felt as if it lasted a decade. She couldn’t explain how she felt with Dylan. So safe, so loved, so cared for and most importantly so special. When they finally came up for air the bell rang and everyone scattered to his or her classes.