What If...

The next morning, as the sun begins to rise, I reach up stretching with a sigh. This bed is absolutely amazing. Who ever said you couldn't sleep on clouds. My thoughts are interrupted by a knock on the door. In comes Luc, carrying a tray that smells absolutely heavenly. He places the tray on the bed next to me and I see he spared no expense.

"I wasn't sure what you liked so I made it all. Bacon, eggs, sausage, pancakes,( yes, waffles too) an assortment of fruits, plus orange juice and coffee". Can we say trying too hard? But it's the thought that counts. And boy was there thought. I see now he is going to play hard. Too bad it wont work.

I reach out to grab the tray, when it's pulled from my grasp.

"Uh uh", he says, sitting in it's place, putting the tray in his lap. "I get to take care of you today".

"Im perfectly capable of feeding myself", I tell grumble.

His reply is simple. "I know".

So for the next 20 minutes or so we sit here, with him feeding me bite after bite of this tasty food.

*********

As I am sitting here feeding my mate, I can't help but feel proud. She is allowing me a chance to show her that this is right, and I'll be dang if I screw this up. Little does she know she does not stand a chance of walking away. Ill make her forget all about him.

When breakfast is over, I give her a simple, yet beautiful white sundress and a pair of red sandals. Donated by one of the pack members considering her lack of her own clothes.

She looks the outfit over and smiles. I did that. I made her smile. I could get used to seeing that smile every morning.

"Are we going somewhere", she asks as she walks to the restroom to change.

"Just for a walk is all", I tell her.

A few minutes later, she comes out and I can't hide the fact that my mouth is now hanging open.

"You look stunning". She blushes a unique shade of pink. It only amplifies the beauty she already has. "Shall we"? I say holding my hand out. She hesitates only for a moment, before placing her small hand in mine.

This is going perfectly.

Unknown P.O.V.

I smell them. The wolves. But despite the smell of dog, there is one that stands above the rest. It's her. The scent I have become accustomed to. The one that makes me smile. The one my world revolves around. And anyone who has touched her will pay dearly for their mistake.

********

We walk out of the house and make our way down a beaten old path that leads through the woods. The thought of what's lurking about that can't be seen has me stepping a little closer to Luc. When we come to a clearing, I lose my breathe. It's like a painting come to life. The lake is beautiful, even more so with the last remaining hues of the sunrise beaming across it.

"It's amazing" I tell Luc. There are no words to describe it.

"It is. Im just glad you like it. Wait till to see the sunset. It is even more breath-taking."

"We're coming back tonight?"

"Who said we were leaving", he says with a wink.

He walk over to a tree and returns with a basket and a blanket. Laying the blanket down, he motions for me to sit. As soon as I get down, I feeland arm wrap around my waist pulling me against a hard chest. He is settled behind me holding me to him. I inhale, only to hold my breath to try and avoid climbing further into his lap. His smell is intoxicating.

This is going to be harder than I thought.