Crazy World

Talk. Ha. Here I thought he was finally going to give me an idea of what the heck is going on here. Boy was I wrong! All I really got from this so called conversation was his favorite color being black and his favorite food which includes all meats. I mean seriously?! This is not a date. But clearly he believes it is. He asked me about myself but I refused to answer. It seems to have made him sad. For some unknown reason my heart aches for him. I shake my head to clear the unwanted thoughts.

"What now"?

"Now we get you out of here and home", he says.

"I can go home now", I ask in disbelief.

"Of course. You didn't think I expected you to live in a hospital did you"?

I can't believe it. My nightmare is finally over. I quickly hop off the bed, scanning the room for my clothes. When I don't see them I look to Luc. "Um, I seem to be missing my clothes".

"There is a new set of clothes waiting in the restroom for you", he states without so much as looking up at me.

I rush into the bathroom eager to get home.

There was a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. Definitely too big but it doesn't matter. I'll be home soon and can change. Throwing them on and cinching them at the waist so they dont fall off, I race back out eager to get home.

"Ready" I yell, and cant help the big smile that spreads to my face.

He walks over, and despite my complaints, he scoops me up in his arms and walks out the door. Home. Finally.

********

As I pick her up in my arms and leave the hospital behind, I can't help but feel guilty at the misconception of home. It will break her heart when she realizes I do not mean her home, but ours. I can only hope I can ease the pain and help her cope.

The pack house comes into view and I feel her tense up in my arms.

"This isn't my home. Where are we"?

"Our home", its all I can say.

"No. I already have a home. I want to go home".

I let out a sigh, trying to think of a way to make this easy. "You belong to me Amber. This is your home now. Our home. I promise I will do everything I can to make you happy, your children happy".

As the words leave my mouth I can feel a sob leave her body. The pain I feel coming from her is so strong.

Soon I feel her body relax in my arms. It's the bond doing it's job to calm her. Once inside the house, I walk her to our room and lay her on the bed. At the confused look she has I explain, "This is our room. Bathroom is over to your right. Are you hungry"?

"Y-yes I a-am".

"I'll go get you something. Why don't you go take a hot bath".

With those words, I leave the room, hoping she won't lock me out.