BROKEN

The agony of my own breathing causes my consciousness to creep back in, despite my reservations to opening my eyes again. In defiance of the pain, and the fear, I crack open my eyes to see my fate. The once dull concrete room is now painted a deep red. It closely resembles one of those confusing splatter art projects. A picture perfectly depicting my broken soul. And painted with my sin. I can't help but wonder how I'm still alive with so much blood loss, but then again, maybe I'm not. Maybe this is my very own version of hell. I can't help but let my head fall back, as I'm too weak to keep it up. All I can think of are my children. And surprisingly enough, Luc. What I wouldn't give to be back there again. Blind to the pain, ignorant of my own dilemma. Even though my life is turned upside down, my heart some how takes the time to tell me I miss Luc. Maybe I'm just too far gone, to broken to know right from wrong anymore. But I'll take whatever pleasant thoughts I can get right now. With that final thought, my consciousness slowly leaks free to a blissfully numbing sleep.

******

The cabin is small, nestled into the side of the mountain, unassuming. The smell of blood permeates the dry, thick air. Her blood. I would know it anywhere. I glance back to see Ben shaking, consumed with anger at his dad. Maybe letting him come wasn't such a good idea after all.

"Let's go get her!" I tell them as I turn and dash for the cabin. We come at it from all angles. What we find is shocking. It's empty. Yes, empty! This can't be right. I can smell her. She's here.

"Where the hell is she?!" I scream in frustration. My lungs heave to draw in the oxygen I so forcefully dispelled.

"Alpha, I've got something", one of my warriors yells.

As i quickly get to his side, I noticed the odd placed rug. I use my boot to slide it away, only to see a trap door.

We removed the door and follow the stairs deep down into the ground, coming face to face with a black door. She's here. The stench is so strong it is nauseating. Fear grips me in her arms as I slide the door open. What I see rips me apart. There she hangs, blood the only manner of covering she has. Head fallen back, unmoving.

I rush to her side and rip the chains from the ceiling, lowering her to the floor. I breath a sigh of relief as I find her pulse. Weak, but none the less there.

"You're going to be ok. I'm here now", I whisper to her. I scoop her from the floor and rush from the cabin, my only thought, getting her to the pack hospital before I lose her.

I'm coming Jim, that's my promise to you. And for her. You will pay for all you've done.