Chapter 18: Fight back

MARY'S POV

I ran down the halls of the tunnel system. I wasn't supposed to be running with my condition but I need to help. It was my idea to go into war and I was going to be responsible if someone died. I wasn't going to let that happen.
I saw a shiny light at the end of the hall. I was outside...
I stopped running and took a deep breath. The fresh air hit me hard. It was so calm and refreshing to be up here. It felt like I didn't have a care in the world. But that feeling didn't last long since I turned to face the base. I was sure far as hell but I knew I needed to hurry.
I have an idea.
I looked around me and saw the libraries parking.
This is going to be fun.

JONATHAN'S POV

Max: Now,Dannie boy, tell me.

Max had a bat in his hands that strangely was familiar to me. It was a wooden bat with the name: Maxwell in graved in it. He held the bat under Daniel's neck and raised his head with it. Judging by Daniel expressions, he seemed angry yet terrified at the same time.

Max: where's my Red Ruby?

My eyes grew wide at hearing Mary's performance name. I then began to shake as I saw Daniel grit he's teeth causing his perfect jaw to move slightly.

Daniel: who?

Daniel then gave him a cheeky grin. That son of a bitch was tempting Max.

Max: I think you know who

Daniel: No, Really. Who is this "Red Ruby"?

Max: let me help you remember

Max removed the bat from under his neck and rose it above Daniel's cheek in a flash. Max then swung the bat directly at Daniel's cheek causing him to fall to the ground. Max then grabbed Daniel's hair and rose him back up. Daniel stared at Max while grinning. Daniel then coughed up a some blood as we all stared at shock.

Daniel: You'll never get Anything from me

Max: Really?

He then let go of Daniel's hair with a push and turned to look at me.

Max: what about are new recruit here?

Max began to go near me as Daniel's eyes widened in shock of Max's response. He then grabbed my. Head by my man bun.

Max: Where is she!?

I remember that voice... that's the voice from the bar. Max was the man who stared the bar fight that night in Caretrun.
But why destroy your own bar?
Suddenly everyone turned their attention to the now closed gate. We could all hear an engine roaring outside the base walls.

What the fuck?

Suddenly a motorcycle had crashed through the gate. The bike went crashing down after hitting and making a hole in the gate. The guards had put up their guns and pointed them at the gate. The dust from the crash began to rise.

Daniel: NOW!

Daniel hit his head backwards at the guards crotch causing him to drop his gun and get distracted. Daniel grabbed his gun,with his hands still tied, and shot the ropes that were holding him, he then shot the guard. Everyone followed his lead as I kept staring in shock. Right as I was about to stand up and confront Max, I stopped. A sound , that I can only describe as a bomb mixed with the sound of a serious car crash, came off. Everyone dropped to the ground. The dust then cleared and everyone looked towards the source if the sound which was right in front of the gate door. The guards quickly grabbed Daniel by his arms and standing him up while other guards grabbed everyone else, including myself, and dragged us into cages in groups of five. I ended up with all the generals.
We all stared at the now broken gate as the dust finally cleared..