Chapter 14: Old Story

Mary's POV

I saw the entrance to the base right next to library which was close to the outskirts of the city. It still looked as abandoned as before. The doors where either broken down or were destroyed. The windows from the buildings had bullet holes, were exploded or even shattered.
Once the car alarm was on, I began to run.

Mary: COME ON!

I ran closer and closer to the entrance of the town. Then,as expected, the mines started to go off.
Jonathan is behind me.
Once I finally had a clear view of the entrance, I increased my speeds.
The turrets went off and the car exploded. Then I heard them aim at me. They kept missing but the dust from the sand began to rise.
I...Can't...breath.
Need...to...rest.
Must...not stop running.
My lungs are about to give out if i don't Stop. But if I stop...They'll find us.

JONATHAN'S POV

The lights from the bunker suddenly turned on. It was, from what I'm seeing, a huge tunnel system with its own power, water and food source. I'm really hoping that these are the refugees.
Their were at least four armed guards at the hatch with me. And then a man came up to me.

Man: It's not easy getting our attention AND escape the security system from above.

The man had a hood that covered up his forehead and neck. He was also wearing some sort of a gas mask making his face totally hidden. I could tell he was a guy because he was my same height and his voice...it sounds...familiar.
He had a long dark trench coat which had a hoodie that he had on. Under that he had a black shirt and pants. He also had black gloves on but what really made me fear him was his mask. It was like a giant gas mask with tinted glasses.

Man: How did you find us?

Jonathan: you guys...are the refugees, right?

Man: Answer my question

Jonathan: look, dude, I need you help-

Man: ANSWER THE QUESTION

Jonathan:...*sighs*

Jonathan: fine. My friend. She told me about you guys and I came here with her.

The man then looked at the guards and then looked at me.

Man: bring him

The guards grabbed me by my arms which was preventing me from running away. They were taking me through some sort of tunnel. That's when I realized that Mary wasn't with me.

Jonathan: wait! My friend! She isn't here!!

The guards kept silence as they followed the man.

Jonathan: Stop!! We need to go get her!

They kept silence which made me angry.

Jonathan: STOP! I NEED TO GET HER!

Man: if she didn't come it means she was too weak to come here.

My face immediately dropped. I became angrier by his comment.

Jonathan: let go of me right now you fucking prick. I need to find her.