Chapter Twenty-Eight - Death and Despair Pt. 6

Brief A/N: Okay, before you start reading, I want you to promise me that you will forgive me, no matter what will happen in this chapter.

*Nervous smile*

Just try not to kill me afterwards :)

~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~

"So, he wants to meet you tonight outside Caldera City?" Sokka asked.

"Yes," Iris answered, her grasp tightening around Zuko's arm and he laced their fingers together.

They had once again gathered in the Throne Room. Aang and Katara entered the room. They had flown on Appa to check that Ancient Sanctuary that stood outside the Capital.

"We found it," Katara said as they walked towards them, hastily.

The couple stopped in front of their friends and Aang started explaining "It's fifteen miles East from Caldera City. It's an Ancient Temple built on the name of the very first Avatar, Avatar Wan,"

"Why would that spirit want to meet you at the first Avatar's Temple?" Toph asked crossing her arms.

"I don't know," Iris answered unsurely "But I must go," she said stubbornly.

"No," Zuko snapped turning her to face him "...I'm not going to let you alone in a temple with a crazy spirit, damn it!" he said worriedly.

"Buddy, calm down," Sokka said and he placed a hand on his friend's shoulder "Luckily, I got a plan," he said with a smirk on his face and pointed at himself proudly.

Iris knew what kind of plan he was talking about. They had discussed about it a few days ago. She didn't like it. She released her hand off Zuko's and she walked towards Sokka shoving him a bit away from the others so they couldn't hear what she had to say

"No, Sokka, I can't agree with that," Iris said folding her hands against her waist.

"I know you can't, but-" Sokka tried to say but she cut him.

"I can't put everyone in so much pain," Iris said "And how can you be so sure they'll return? You don't know what will happen,"

"Their next goal, after killing you, it's killing Zuko," Sokka said darkly and she bit her lip harshly knowing that he was right "...what we've planned for tonight is going to save his life. You can, either, sit back and do nothing," Sokka said.

Iris sighed, he was right "Okay, fine, you convinced me. But please, after that, they need to know the truth," Iris said.

"You know I can't tell them," Sokka said.

Iris sighed irritatingly and she scowled crossing her arms.

"Their reaction will be all that will make it seem real. It has to be real. They know about you and Zuko, if Zuko and Aang won't play their role, they'll notice something's up and the whole plan will be a failure," Sokka said.

"Fine," Iris said forcefully "...what part of the plan are the others allowed to know?" She asked.

"Let me explain,"

~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~*~^~

Sokka's plan was simple. At least that small part of it. Iris would have to face Koh in the Ancient Temple, and she'd enter alone. But the others would be waiting outside, to attack in case things got shaky. The others agreed of course, but that was because they did not know the entire plan.

After lunch, afternoon came and they started getting ready. Iris felt a small knot in her stomach as she paced around the hall. This plan was madness. She knew that she shouldn't agree to that, but Sokka was right. His plan, maybe seemed crazy, but it was also brilliant. She bit her lip at the thought of Zuko's reaction if she'd ever tell him.