Chapter Three - The Promise Pt. 3

Katara and Aang have been hugging each other for a really long moment. At first, the sight of them being together, was so cute. But they've been like that all the way back to Toph's Metal Bending Academy, and it had started to get annoying.

"Ugh," Sokka snorted.

"For once, I agree," Iris said crossing her arms. A wave of jealousy washing over her, not having the same luxury with Zuko.

I can't recognize myself anymore! I never cared for this stuff! Iris thought, frowning.

"What? Everybody does it!" Toph said picking her nose.

"I was talking about them not y-" Sokka tried to say as he looked at Toph, but he said when he saw her picking her nose "Oh, you too!" he protested.

The Metal Bending Academy finally came in sight, as they flew above. Toph woke up as she stopped picking her nose saying "Well, it's been fun, guys, but I gotta get back to my school,"

"Leaving already, Toph?" Katara asked, finally, snapping out of Aang's embrace.

"Yeah someone's gotta keep the Lily Livers- I mean my students in line," Toph said smirking.

Sokka immediately wrapped Toph's skirt "Wait!" and then he started whispering "You can't leave me alone with them! The Oogie-osity's only gonna get worse after you're gone! How am I supposed to keep my food down?!"

"Hey, me too, I can't stand it any longer. Toph, please take me with you!" Iris said immediately coming crawling towards her on the saddle.

"Well, you could come with me," Toph said smiling in both of them.

"No, no..." Sokka said not really having heard Toph's suggestion "Hey! How about we go with you?" he suggested.

"Brilliant, Sokka," Iris said.

"Great idea, Sokka. I wish I'd thought of that," Toph said sarcastically grinning and crossing her arms.

"Aang? Katara? We're going with Toph, to check out her school. After all, I do need to skip my metal bending training," Iris said.

"Not because you two are giving us the Oogies or anything," Sokka added.

The couple looked at them confusedly "Oh! That sounds good, we'll pick you up on the way back from Ba Sing Se," Katara said awkwardly.

"Hold on, guys! Just give Appa a second to land," Aang said as he jumped on Appa's head to take a hold on the reins.

"Don't bother, Twinkle Toes. We're close enough to the ground," Toph said smirking and she sniffed "I can smell the trees around my school," she said and then she wrapped Sokka's hand "Come on!"

"Hey, isn't that the hand you were just using to pick your-?" Sokka tried to ask but he screamed like a little girl when she dragged him with her as they jumped from the saddle.

Iris followed flying with her glider.

"I gotta let go off you, but don't worry!" Toph shouted excitedly as they jumped leaving Sokka's hand.

"I'm worried! I'm worried!" Sokka shouted worriedly as he fell from the sky.

Iris chuckled from his reaction and she used her staff to shove him with an air blast close to the slide Toph created with the soil at the ground. Sokka and Toph slipped from it and Iris landed right in front of them closing her glider.

"Thanks," Sokka said gratefully with a smile at Iris.

"I wouldn't let you, you idiot," Iris said teasingly.