Chapter Twenty-Seven - Death and Despair Pt. 5

"Katara!"

Everybody woke up and walked towards her. She had been in Iris's room for more than two hours and everyone was extremely worried. Most of all, Zuko and Aang.

Katara crossed her arms "Iris was right, this is not sickness, it is poison," she said darkly and she looked at Zuko accusingly.

Everyone looked at Zuko. He growled angrily burying his face in his hands. My fault...

"So the spy is in the Palace," Sokka said.

"How's my sister? Can I see her?" Aang asked worriedly.

Katara sighed "She's better now, after throwing up a couple of times. But I would suggest seeing her tomorrow. I'll stay with her tonight,"

"No, I'll stay. You guys better rest, besides we've been doing nothing all day than interrogating people, I don't feel like sleeping tonight," Sokka suggested.

"Okay," Katara said nodding.

Aang placed a hand on Zuko's shoulder, who was cursing and accusing himself under his breath. "Calm down, this wasn't your fault,"

"It kind of was," Toph said only to receive a smack on her shoulder from Sokka.

"Toph's right..." Zuko said and then he growled in anger "...I've put her through so much pain!"

"Calm down, buddy, she'll be okay, I promise you that," Sokka said and then he turned to the others "Goodnight,"

"Goodnight, Sokka," Katara said hugging her brother briefly, before walking away with Aang, Toph and Zuko.

Sokka entered the room. She was lying on her bed, her hair released from their usual braid. She seemed quite tired and she had closed her eyes trying to rest. He sat on the chair beside her bed and she opened her eyes noticing someone in her room.

Sokka took her hand in his "How do you feel?" he asked worriedly.

"Tired, weak," Iris answered.

"Iris, things are way more serious than I expected, there's a spy in the Palace, probably from the kitchen and we found no one today. We need a plan," Sokka said seriously.

"I don't think it's a spy at all," Iris said turning her gaze at him.

"That's what I thought," Sokka said "You guys said there's only one spirit that can control people, I disagree. There must be another one, there's no other explanation,"

"I think there is. A spirit that's related to the one I get power from," Iris said.

"If it's a spirit, it won't stop until it achieves whatever it wants. It wants you dead, doesn't it?" Sokka asked.

"I don't think so," Iris said "The previous night when Zuko and I were attacked the man said that they don't want me dead,"

"Oh, yeah, I forgot about that," Sokka said scratching his chin "...well, I guess that spirit wants you in some kind of... an unconscious state,"

"But why?" Iris asked.

"Well, if it's related to the one you get power from, it probably wants to schuss this spirit forever and killing you it's not the answer," Sokka said.

"Sokka, we can't have a plan on guesses," Iris said.

"Hey, every plan of mine is based on guesses, and I'm always right, am I not?" Sokka asked smirking.

Iris rolled her eyes "It's risky, but I'll trust you on this one,"

"Okay, first thing, no one must know about that plan. Whatever happens, I want it to seem real," Sokka said.