How The Good Girl Changed The Bad Boy Chpt. 16

Recap:

"Dakota, someone's here for you."

-

"Let them in." I told my mum. She nodded and walked away. The person that came in my room was not who I thought it would be.

"Okay, look, I'm so sorry about what I had to do." Drew said as he walked in. He closed the door behind him and sat on the ground, criss-cross-apple-sauce.

"It's okay." I simply said to him. My entire body was numb, so those two words were all I could manage to get out.

"No! It's not okay. Listen, so this is what happened. Megan said that she didn't like me spending so much time with you because she heard that at your old school, you were the school whore. She said that she thought you were going to try to... These are her exact words. 'Seduce my pants off and make you fall for her.' Megan said that if I didn't tell you off in the hallway, that she would break up with me, and I can't do that. I'm so in love with her Dakota, 'ya know?" I simply nodded my head and he ran a hand all over his face. "This is all my fault."

"No, it's alright Drew. I get it, you love her, you wouldn't want to do anything to hurt her. If it makes you feel better, you don't have to talk to me. I don't mind." I winced at the last part because I knew it was a lie. It did matter to me and I did mind.

"Dakota, I know I just barely met you and all, but seriously. What's on your mind? You have this distant look on your face and it's scaring me, to tell you the truth." Drew admitted sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's nothing I can't handle." That was the dismisall to any conversation we would have.

"Well, I should get going. I'll see you around Dakota." I nodded towards Drew and he left with his hands in his pockets.

See what I mean when I say I push people away?

-

*3 hours later*

"Dakota! I'm going out to dinner with Mr. Evans!" Mum called from her bedroom.

"Alright." I said in my normal voice.

"Oh! By the way, Spencer's going to come over so you're not alone! I'll be home before midnight! Promise! I love you, hunny!" She said, coming out of her room with her casual yet formal outfit and curled hair. Her lips pecked my cheek and she walked outside, making sure to grab her keys off of the keyrack.

I could hear a car door slam shut, drive away, and then it was dead silent. Sighing to myself, I went to my room and grabbed my Ipod Touch. Tapping on the YouTube app, on the front page was an interesting video by an interesting band name; YouMeAtSix. Their video premire for No One Does It Better was a hit. I tapped on the song, grabbed my earbuds- Plugging them in, of course -, and I began listening.

"What do we do when I am so in love with you? I forgot what I wanted to say." That line struck me. It was just so pretty. I hadn't realized I was crying until my Ipod let the water run down it's screen, making it's way to my thumbs.

The doorbell rang and I sighed to myself.

Who the hell needed me? Oh right, Spencer.

I flinched at the thought of his name, but ignored the stabbing pain in my heart. The doorbell rang a few more times and I finally heaved myself up off of the couch.

"I'M COMING! JEEZ!" I yelled towards the impaitent doorbell ringer. Sighing to myself, I ran a hand through my hair, and peered out the window.

"Dakota! It's Spencer! Can you please open the fucking door!" He yelled from outside. I smirked to myself, but I unlocked it and opened the door for him. He stepped in as if he owned the place, and my mouth dropped.