thirty two // 112.4 lbs

*112.4 lbs= about 50 kg*

L U K E

Calum let out a heavy sigh before standing to his feet, playing with his fingers as he strode across the waiting room. At the same time he left, the young nurse that had gone into Daisy's room to check on her came out from her room, gently shutting the door behind her. She glided across the floor and over to a middle aged man who stood nearby at a cart, looking through the medical supplies stacked on top of it.

"Doctor Williams, she's awake and experiencing a headache," the nurse spoke gently, her voice nearly a whisper by the time it reached my ears.

"Okay good, thank you," the doctor momentarily paused his shuffling to glance up at her. "I'll go in."

The nurse nodded and walked back down the opposite end of the hallway, presumably to go check on more patients. I stood up from my chair and walked over to the door Calum had walked out of, which was the same door Danielle and him had gone through to go to the little garden. I slowly approached Calum, watching as he reached into his pocket and pulled a little white stick out.

Now standing beside him, I recognized what the little stick was, watching carefully as his fingers fumbled, playing with the cigarette. In his other hand he clutched a black lighter, thumb rubbing against the smooth surface as he stared ahead blankly.

"I thought you stopped," I sat down on the bench beside him with a heavy sigh.

"I... I did.. For awhile," Calum lit the lighter, staring at the flame for a split second before lifting it to the cigarette.

I reached over, quickly snatching the little cancer stick from his fingers before he could light it. "Ash is already upset, don't make things worse by letting him smell this," I held it in front of him, before tossing it away from us, somewhere into the grass. "On you."

"I don't care about Ashton," Calum retorted, reaching back into his pocket. He sighed in exasperation upon finding nothing, running his hands through his hair. "Fück Luke, that was my last one."

"Don't say that."

Calum rolled his eyes, letting the lighter turn off before shoving it back into his pocket.

"Let's just go back inside, okay? We can talk later; but for now Daisy is awake and we need to go see her," I nudged his shoulder before standing, reaching my hand down to him as he stayed put.

Calum took my hand and allowed me to pull him up to his feet, a smile tugging at his pursed lips.

"W-Wait," Calum grabbed my shoulder from where he was lingering behind me as we started to walk.

"Yeah?" I turned, watching as he nervously shifted his weight to his other leg.

"Um," Calum looked away, watching a few birds flutter by. "Do... Do you think what I did was right? I mean, everything that happened earlier..."

"I'm not taking sides Calum," I said.

Calum seemed to hesitate, mouth opening and closing as if he wanted to argue, but he eventually nodded. His eyes held a certain emotion that I couldn't quite decipher, but after a few seconds of analyzing him passed, he swiftly walked past me and went back inside.