twelve // 114.5 lbs

Three weeks at the new school had passed, and in that time I had managed to convince Ashton that I didn't eat because "I had a really small appetite". He seemed to believe it and stopped pestering me to eat. I still had to be careful around the boys, because Michael seemed suspicious and it would only be a matter of time before he figured it out.

Things were going smoothly with the boys, but school was a different story. Auburn and I had grown to become pretty great friends in such a short time – we've even had a sleepover and hung out after school together. Lindsay and Rachel didn't seem to like me that much. Telling them I had a bit of a crush on Max was a mistake, because now everyday they tell me about how he talks to different girls everyday.

"Hey." A finger poked my side.

I jumped, snapping out of my daydream. My hand snaked down to the side of my stomach, self consciously clutching the fat Max had just prodded at.

"What?" I blinked, trying to hide my annoyance.

"You were spacing out."

I didn't say anything, and instead went back to my work. Max gently nudged my arm with his elbow, and when I looked over he was avoiding eye contact.

"Would you want to go see a movie Friday night?" Max asked, his cheeks tinting pink. "I know we've only been talking for a few weeks and this might be weird but –"

"Max," I interrupted him with a laugh. "I'll go with you."

"Really? Cool."

He was smiling at me, and I smiled back. Max turned back to his work with a shy giggle, and I couldn't hep but to think about all of the things Rachel and Lindsay have said.

He's a fückboy.

You have no clue how many girls he talks to behind your back.

He's using you.

I bit my lip, silently debating on whether or not to bring it up. We weren't even dating – hell I didn't even know if he liked me back – so I couldn't really get mad if he talks to other girls. Could I?

"You okay?" he laughed, looking back up at me with a confused face.

"Uh, yeah. Sorry..." I adverted my eyes and turned away.

***

"So, what movie do you want to see?" Max asked as we walked out of class together.

"Whatever you want to see," I shrugged.

We had gotten half way up the stairs, when a body suddenly latched onto my side. It was Lindsay, giving us a fake smile.

"Lindsay, what do you want?" Max whined.

"Just checking up on my dear twin and his girlfriend!"

"Shut up!" Max whined, giving her an annoyed look.

I nervously bit my lip, shimmying her off me as the situation grew awkward.

"I'll see you guys at lunch," Lindsay detached herself from me, and strode off without saying another word.

I looked at Max with confusion. "Did she just say twin?"

Before he could say anything else I continued.

"We've sat at the same lunch table as her for how many weeks and I'm just finding out?" I cried in disbelief.

"Guess it just never came up," Max shrugged. "Bye Daisy. I'll see you at lunch."

"Bye," I waved, watching him walk off.

***

"Aaassshttttooooonnnnnnn?" I dragged out, walking into the living room.

Luke had picked me up from school this time, since Ashton was busy, but now we were home and I could ask Ashton about Friday night. All of the boys were in the living room, sitting around the room on their phones with small conversations going on.

"What's up?" Ashton asked, setting his phone down.

I plopped down onto the couch beside him. "Are we doing anything Friday night?" I innocently asked.

"Not that I know of. Why?" he asked.

"I wanted to go to the movies," I tried to be blunt and not give away that it was with a boy, since I didn't know how Ashton would react to that.

"With who?" Ashton asked, using the same innocent tone as me and dragging his words out.

"Auburn," I lied.

"Sure. Just give me a time and I'll take you!" Ashton chirped, going back to his phone.

I almost sighed in relief because he actually believed me. I got off the couch and went into my room.

Throwing myself down onto my bed, I grabbed my phone and opened the texts between Auburn and I.

Auburn: so did he say yes?

Me: yes !!

Auburn: aw oh my god i'm so happy for you

Me: thanks !!

Auburn: I should go start my homework before my mom starts yelling at me lol text you later <3

Me: okay, bye! <3

I rolled over onto my back, staring up at the ceiling with a stupid smile stuck on my face.

I couldn't wait for Friday.

***

lowkey ship daisy and max omg !! dax ahahha

qotd: favorite 5sos music video?

aotd: she's kinda hot ftw

stay positive. ily <3