twenty seven // 116 lbs

116 lbs= 52 kg

***

The day of Evie's arrival came quicker than I'd like, and before I knew it we were all out the door of the house, headed for the airport to pick her up.

"Wait I forgot my phone," Luke abruptly stopped, smiling sheepishly.

"Oh my God, Luke hurry up!" Ashton whined, shaking his head in disappointment as he chucked the keys at Luke.

Luke reached his hand out and caught them with ease, turning and jogging up the sidewalk, fumbling to unlock the door.

"How the hèll does Luke forget his phone?" Calum snorted.

"I'm not even surprised," Ashton crossed his arms, leaning against the door of the car since Luke had the keys we needed to even get into the car.

I heard Michael let out a laugh from the other side of the car.

Calum suddenly turned to me, brown eyes warm, "So, are you excited for her to stay with us for?"

I quickly nodded, taking a wide smile. "I can't wait."

"That's good," Calum nodded. "And what about school? You start in – what – three days?"

I nodded, feeling my stomach flutter at just the mention of starting school again. "I'm nervous."

"You'll be fine," Calum smiled. "Don't worry, Daisy."

"What if everyone thinks my accent is weird?"

Calum let out a laugh, playfully nudging me. "Stop worrying."

***

The walk through the airport was a struggle.

First, a mob of girls had been waiting for us there and were quick to ambush us the moment they saw the boys. The crowd of squealing girls, nearly knocking the body guards trying to protect us, wasn't just irritating, but also nerve racking. I could feel the nervous and annoyed anger the boys gave off as girls shoved their phones in their faces, calling out their names and asking for pictures and signatures as if the boys were some animals at a petting zoo.

Second, I wasn't sure if it was being surrounded by so many people or what, but I had started to feel lightheaded. Just holding myself up on my shaking legs was an effort, and I couldn't figure out which would happen first; falling over and passing out or puking onto the floor in front of everyone.

My vision went in and out, fuzzy blobs littering my once clear vision as I tried to keep up my pace and stay sandwiched in between Ashton and Calum.

And finally, third, the media.

The girls were manageable; but the paparazzi were a whole different story. They asked odd, intrusive questions, like why Ashton had decided to move back to Australia, who I was (even though they already knew), and even questions asking about the girls they had been seen with.

"Is Daisy a tactic to gain attention? The band hasn't been doing well lately, so is she your way of regaining a good opinion from the public?" one paparazzi called over the other loud voices, reaching through the bodyguards to hold a microphone out of Ashton.

Ashton had almost stopped, pausing for a split second as he debated answering. Calum reached across me and nudged Ashton before gently pulling him ahead, encouraging the older boy to ignore the man. Ashton shook his head and scoffed in annoyance, but didn't say anything back.