Eyeless Princess (book two)

Prologue

(3rd person POV)

Lilly sat in the grass leaning on a tree. In her arms was five month old Jackie. Sally was admiring Jackie as she gurgled and played with Sally's hair. Lilly watched the pastas rebuild the mansion. There had been an ongoing war between the most dangerous killers in the world. Zalgo was undefeated. He just went back to his lair. His last words, before he left, were, "This is not over."

For now it is over. The progress of the construction was going quickly. They recruited more pastas to help. Like Ticci Toby, Clockworth, Souless Dain, and others. "Jackie looks like Jack." Sally said looking at the baby in Lilly's arms. "That's why we named her Jackie." Lilly smiled. Sally was bored and this baby was her only entertainment. she did not want to help. In face, Sally hated Jackie.

Sally didn't see it as a miracle. She saw this baby as a curse. Sally started to think how she's not the baby anymore. She would have to wait until Jackie was nine years old to be the baby again. Nine years. To Sally, that seemed like a lifetime. This baby was Sally's worst nightmare. Lilly started to talk to her daughter. Sally would try to talk, but get interrupted by the baby.

Sally tried a new approach. "I can't wait to play with Jackie." Lilly looked up and smiled, relieved that Sally liked Jackie. "You're not jealous?" Lilly asked. Sally put on a fake look of shock. "Why would I be?" Sally giggled. "As long as I keep my toys, I'll be fine." Lilly smiled. "Deal."

Deep inside, Sally knew this would be hell.