Chapter Twenty-Eight "That's Final."

Paris's Pov-

I wake up screaming, my eyes wide, my breathing unsteady and rough. I see Xavier in my mind, walking to the cliff and then getting pushed off by a black wolf.

I run a hand through my long hair, shaking as I do so. The door opens and Rena walks in, her long, beautiful blonde hair is typed up into a messy bun. But she looks so natural and beautiful like that.

"Alpha Rena, why are you-?" She cuts me off with her hand.

"Just stop with the whole alpha thing, I've always hated being called alpha. Makes me feel like I'm higher than everyone." She says with a sigh, touching her eyebrow for a beautiful scar goes through it, but it's covered by a thin layer of powder.

"You are though, you're the Moon Goddess's sister." I say, looking at her confused.

"I hate being known as it. I hate being known as the evil sister. I hate sucking off of people's pain. And I swear if you ever repeat this, I'll kill you with my own hands. Phantom or not," she says, speaking truthfully.

"Stop hurting people then." I whisper, watching as she looks up at me, her eyes sharp.

"I can't. I'm in pain, it's the only thing that makes me happy."

"What do you mean your in pain?" I ask her, confused.

"I lost my mate." She says with a sigh, looking at me exasperated.

"Your mate died?" How could the Moon Goddess take someone so important from her away? She's such a powerful alpha, she deserves happiness. Everyone does.

I remember her talking to my father yesterday about her mate hating her, and also about him running away from her, and him being a human.

"No, he just hates me. He's a human, I'm the human world. I presume you heard me talk to your father about him yesterday? I knew you were awake." I nodded my head as she sighs, rubbing her temples.

"He rejected you?" I ask, putting my hand on her arm as her eyes snap to it, her eyes blazing a darker maroon, as if this is an act of defiance.

But she doesn't move the comforting hand.

"No, he just doesn't want me. We're still mates, he just doesn't want me and doesn't talk to me. I see him talk to his family, he's a beautiful person. He's got a wonderful heart, I can't hate him, I can't even dislike him." She whispers, her blond hair covers her face, hiding her emotions.

"Maybe I could help you get him back." I offer, and she looks up at me, her eyes curious.

"And why do you think that you could do that? How?" She asks, staring at me strangely.

"Easy, he doesn't know me. He can't ignore the mate pull of the bond forever. He'll have to give into it sometime. Especially, if you guys have to spend time together." She stares at me confused.

"I don't understand."

"I'm saying we should go to the human world, you and I and we can set something up that could set you guys together, one touch of the hands, one thing to make him notice the real you. I'll make sure he can't stray away from you before he knows the real you. He'll fall into the bond. He'll love you after one day. I promise."

Tension fills the room.

"And what do you get in return?" She asks, looking at me with a knowing look.

"I want Xavier back, and I want Legend to find his true mate. That's final."