Chapter Thirty-One "Relationship?"

Paris-

I believed that a long time ago, love would consume you and take all your worries away, but after time, I learned to laugh at this. I then had believed for a while that love was a poisonous thing that destroyed you, and that no one truly loved each other.

And now, I believe Love is a word. L-O-V-E. Four simple letters that can make a heart race, or can make something hurt 1,000x worse than you would've thought.

Think about a funeral for example, in the human world, when you lose somebody that was very close to you and you loved them so much, you feel an emptiness in your heart. You feel cold, and when you cry so hard, you can't breathe and you begin to feel the freezing room temperature, and usually when death happens, isn't it strange that it's usually a rainy or down day?

You feel your body become cold, losing its one warmth that was very close to you. For some, over time they may become stronger, if they didn't pick the road of depression. For others that did, their smiles will never be real, their laughter is more of a croak, and their eyes.

Their eyes are a flurry of storms waiting to be seen by someone, anyone.. To bring what they once had, and give it back again.

Love can destroy you, but the best thing about it, is it can make you feel complete.

Like everything will be okay, and you need to believe, that one day and maybe not today or tomorrow, but one day, everything will feel perfect.

It just takes time, and forgiveness.

-

I smell him before I see him, and just like that, the door opens and in comes the one person, I thought would hate me.

Hate, is the beginning feeling of the rolls of the eyes, the glares sent, and the cold anger you have towards a person.

But little did I know, he never hated me.

"Paris." All he can do is whisper my name as he stands in the doorway of the large pack house, watching me with his beautiful forest green eyes.

"Hello Xavier," I say with a shaky breath. His eyes don't blink, he doesn't move neither. He just watches me as if I'm a dream, and I'll evaporate. But we all know I can't evaporate, I'm not water being boiled, I'm not a particle in water or air, and I'm not a dream.

I'm here.

"I'm sorry," he says, turning away from me. There's a window, where he's glancing at and outside, the sun is shining brilliantly, the cold mountaintops glistening.

Alpha Rena was given a pack, that would signify how she acts. Cold, manipulative, and evil. But little did we know, that there was going to be flowers sprouting soon.

All because of Liam.

This pack is supposed to be of what Xavier's looks like, but I guess his is warmer, but due to the information given to me, the officials said that it was the coldest region ever.

Lies.

This is actually the coldest pack. The officials lied, just like they lied when they said that Xavier didn't have his wolf anymore. Rena actually gave it to Legend and now has taken it back.

I heard that Legend had also found a mate and fell in love. She's supposed to be an archer, skilled at shooting arrows at any moving and still targets. I heard she never misses.

I'm not agitated by anything anymore, Rena knocked some sense into me and told me that life isn't going to be roses, and it's not going to be war. I just need to saddle it up, and live on. Fight for every given possibility.

So as I look at my once mate, standing across from me, his back turned. I can't help but forgive the simplest thing in life.

He's your mate, not your once mate. He'll always be forgiven.

He did try to kill me, but he acted on impulse. I guess you can't really blame someone for how their wolf acts, it's not their fault if they can't control it. I guess what I was really hurt about was that he let it get that far, when he could've talked it out with me.

Again, the simple things in life.

"I heard your wolf is away somewhere." I speak, moving to stand beside him as I look out the window. You can feel the coldness of the outside reach you. I ignore his apology from earlier, trying to change topic.

And he lets me.

"Yes, the officials said they poisoned him out of me." He says, a shaky sigh coming out.

"They're liars, Xavier." I say confidently, looking at the beautiful snow tops.

"What do you mean?" I feel his gaze on me, instead of the setting so I offer him my gaze also.

"Rena took your wolf to hurt you. It was payback, or revenge for something. I'm not sure. She gave it Legend and recently took it back. She's planning on giving it to you soon." I say with a small smile before looking back out the window.

All is a calm tension between us, nothing rough or bad.

"That's nice of her, I guess." He grumbles out and I let a small laugh out, continuing the small talk.

"Yes, how's the pack?" I ask him, and he looks at me, rolling his eyes.

"Paris just stop, we all know you're avoiding my apology." He says with a glare before turning back around.

"I accept it. I just don't want to ever bring it up again. I just want a calmed relationship, please." I ask him and he looks at me confused.

"Relationship?"

"Yes, a one where two mates actually care for each other. Just try it, with me. Please." I look to him for an answer that will solve all my sleepless nights of pain.

Pain of being away from my mate.

"Okay."

And that's the only answer I need, to give the realist smile I have, and a large bear hug.