Chapter Twenty "Paris."

Paris's Pov-
7-1-17

"I'm leaving." My voice comes out in a croak, tears staining my cheeks as they dry from earlier. I know Lance heard me, but he doesn't choose to speak for a while.

"Why?" Short, yet powerful. His words hold a sort of meaning, as if he wants to say more but he's too exhausted to.

"I uh.. here." I hold the note to him, the one that I already read, and I already know my fate.

Knowing KG my whole life, I know he won't give up.

He reads it quickly, distress showing up in wrinkles across his forehead. "King
Grayson doesn't really think he can win this, does he? Oceans away from him. Everything that would give him the absolute best chance to win is gone, except for the Nina's."

My eyes widen at the sudden war tactic. Of course he would save them for this.. he'd protect them before his own mate because he knew war was coming, he knew he'd need them.

You're probably really confused or don't care, either way I'm explaining to you what the Nina's are.

Nina's are vampires that if they touch you, immediate poison is out onto your skin and burns your body from the outside until it finds its way through your pores to the inside, killing all organs and stopping blood flow. You look like a scaled plant when it's done, turning your skin to green.

They are the most, inhuman animals out there. And us werewolves? We only have fast abilities which the vampires all have.

They have a higher chance if they use the Nina's and we'll be done for, killed.

We'll be extinct.

"So what do we do now?" I ask quietly.

"We go back, and we stop the war."

-

Xavier's Pov-

I lick my chapped lips, looking around Paris's office as Legend sits in front of me, in a navy blue suit. Wrinkles are creased into his forehead, his hair is all messy from lack of sleep, bags have formed under his eyes, and he's paler.

His eyes look dead.

"Legend, you look horrible." Legend looks at me before offering a half smile.

"You look good, Xavier. How's the scars I gave you?" He asks, and I can tell he's been crying by the dry, croak in his voice.

"They're gone, because you know, actual alphas can heal from small wounds made by weaklings," I fake smile at him and he sneers.

"I'm not weak." He says, his voice cracking and he fights his wolf, his wolf calling for Paris.

That makes two wolves, calling for Paris now.

"Says the man who has been crying about his mate. Which is understandable, I cried too." I sigh, running a hand through my hair at the audible truth.

"I don't even know why I did that at the hospital, it's just that I wanted to be able to take care of the pack as she strengthened up again, but I came out mean. She left because of me." He says, looking down. "And she knows my secret."

"What secret?" I ask, fully curious as to what he's been hiding.

"I'm-" the door opens without a knock and a guard looks at his with wide eyes.

"What is it?" Legend asks, standing up to his full height. He doesn't even act like Omega, he had full power radiating off of him. He acts just like Paris, when I first met her and she still had the scent of a warrior.

"Paris.." The guard whispers, I immediately turn around and watch him with piercing black eyes.

"What about her?" I snap. The guard looks out the window before looking down the hallway. I sit confused, and angry that he won't just come out with it.

That was until I hear something fall downstairs, a vase breaking, and I hear the glass surround the floor.

Legend and I both stand up and immediately run downstairs. Nothing is down here except for the case that is now broken glass on the floor, and the fireplace cracking as it burns the wood.

"Sir," the guard says, standing on the last step. We turn around and look at him, confused on what is happening.

"Yes?" I ask in my deep voice and that's when I hear a sigh, and I look up to see blue eyes staring back at me.

Lance.

"You've been gone for ages," I say, throwing my hands up in the air. It's true though, he's been gone for a long time.

"Only a few days or a month," Lance says, looking at his watch.

"In human time, yes. In our time, about six months." Lance looks up at me, his skin paler than what I remember. He's been to the human world all that time, the humans draining the werewolf right out of him and making him weaker.

But Paris has been gone longer than Lance.. What will she look like?

Will she have bags under her eyes like Lance? Cracked lips with blood? Pale skin? Dead eyes? Weak body?

I hear a floorboard creak and I look at Lance, but he hasn't moved from his spot.

"Lance what's going on?" I ask, just now noticing that Legend hasn't moved or spoken since we've went downstairs. Lance looks down at the floor, before looking up at me with black, werewolf eyes. His wolf has taken over as he moves his body out of the doorway, leaving the one person I've missed, standing right in front of me, her body smelling like the woods.

Paris.

"We will attack tomorrow at dawn, leaving King Grayson without any help. He will die through war, he will not live it. We will go the back way, surprise the guards and they won't even have time to set up the Nina's. We either die, or we live in this war and I don't know what either of you want to do. But I sure know, that I'm going to live." Her lips are bloodied as she spoke, her body leaning on the doorframe weakly.

There is no way she can fight.

"Paris, sweetheart there is no way that you can fight tomorrow, it's just.. impossible." Legend says softly.

"The only way I won't fight is if, Xavier tells me not to." She looks at me, her blue orbs meeting my green ones and I feel the power radiating off of her, the strength.

She's not healthy, but she already knows that she has won.

"Let her fight."